Job title: Academic Program Coordinator
Company: Princeton University
Job description: Overview
The School of Public and International Affairs (SPIA) is seeking a dynamic individual to join the undergraduate program office team as Academic Program Coordinator.
This position serves our undergraduate students and has primary responsibility for all SPIA undergraduate course-related matters. S/he will work closely with the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education in planning for 40-50 courses each academic year as well as organizing funding opportunities related to internships and thesis research.
- Serving as the primary liaison with the Office of the Registrar and the Undergraduate program on issues related to the Course Information System (CIS) for creating new courses and updating and maintaining course information each semester and ensuring accuracy of student records; for collecting information from the university’s on-line course evaluation system, and for communicating student course changes after official deadlines and P/D/F options
- Managing and maintaining course records and enrollment for all SPIA undergraduate courses and coordinating early course feedback processes and endof-term course evaluations for the junior task force and research seminars
- Posting, managing and disbursing funding opportunities (domestic and international) for internship opportunities and senior thesis research using the SAFE system
- Liaising with faculty and their assistants regarding course activities (including Canvas, collecting syllabi, class lists, grading, etc.)
- Determining undergraduate course and precept schedules, identifying and hiring preceptors and recommending room assignments
- Coordinating the selection of student prizes and disbursing funding
- Maintaining and updating Faculty SharePoint sites and databases
- Carrying out special assignments related to strategic planning for the undergraduate curriculum.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills, creativity, excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to handle stressful situations with humor and grace are essential.
- Requirements also include the ability to work well with all levels of staff, to manage simultaneous tasks, and to maintain confidentiality.
- The successful candidate must be team-oriented and possess sound judgment and discretion with confidential data.
- The candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Access, Word, Excel, and Outlook; adaptive to ongoing changes in technology and procedures; ability to work independently and under pressure; and willingness to work occasional evenings.
- Previous higher education administration experience and ability to use PeopleSoft and Canvas is strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work independently; have strong personal initiative; be highly self-motivated; have demonstrated capacity to multi-task and manage competing priorities while delivering results in a timely manner; and exhibit a high degree of tact, discretion, and diplomacy. The individual will have an enterprising, resourceful, and fluid work style complemented by a calm demeanor, possess the ability to interact and function in a competitive academic environment and must be a team player with empathy, humility, respect for others, and a sense of humor.
We at the School of Public and International Affairs believe that it is vital to cultivate an environment that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion – fundamental to the success of our education and research mission. This commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment and hiring as we actively seek colleagues of exceptional ability who represent a broad range of viewpoints, experiences and value systems, and who share Princeton University’s dedication to excellence.
Princeton University is an and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver’s License Required
Location: Princeton, NJ
Job date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 08:27:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!