Job title: Account Executive (Remote Friendly)
Company: The Gazette
Job description: The Gazette is seeking an Account Executive to consultatively sell advertising for all product offerings including print and digital advertising campaigns as well as commercial print products to assigned list of accounts. You will identify and target ways to steward and grow existing business as well as ways to obtain new business opportunities. You will work collaboratively with management to maximize revenue and foster a growth mindset.
- Manage key accounts.
- Maintain strong client relationships and actively pursue new opportunities for year over year growth.
- Develop and present marketing solutions designed to solve customer needs from the portfolio of Gazette offerings and deliver sales presentations.
- Consults on options for effective ad design, insertion, and provides suggestions for ad improvements.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
- Delivers quality orders to the support teams and provides all necessary information to insure smooth running of advertising.
- Obtains credit applications or prepayments for advertising as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with creative services and traffic to ensure advertiser expectations are met.
- Participate in peer trainings to maintain product knowledge and industry trends.
- Must reside within 30 miles of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- A minimum of two years sales experience, with a focus on local accounts and digital marketing.
- Experience successfully negotiating contracts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and team environment.
- Results orientated, accountable, strong work ethic, team player.
- Good time management skills.
- Own reliable transportation, safe driving habits, and the maintaining of valid driver’s license.
About The Gazette
At The Gazette, we are passionately independent champions of connecting, informing, and enriching our communities.
Our employee-owned newspaper and online news delivers the relevant news of the day to communities in Eastern Iowa – and has for over 135 years. We care deeply about our community and its well-being. To that end, we engage with our readers to better understand their stories and connect our communities to the information and issues that matter most to them.
Our news team reaches audiences across a variety of print and digital platforms and through a variety of in-person events. Our company has a strong tradition of being independent and is owned by a trust for the benefit of its employees. The Gazette is delivered to 16 Eastern Iowa counties each morning.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Job date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 08:00:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!