Job title: ACCOUNTANT IV
Company: State of Florida
Job description: Requisition No: 493701
Agency: Children and Families
Working Title: ACCOUNTANT IV – 60019246
Position Number: 60019246
Salary: $32,696.82 – $58,137.54 (Salary will be determined based on experience)
Posting Closing Date: 11/07/2021
This is a professional position responsible for the application of independent accounting skills to maintain several internal accounting systems. This position monitors and maintains Quick Books for Local Funds and reconciliations in FLAIR. Assist in other accounting areas in MFMP processing, statewide vendor adds, research, and data analytics as needed. Strong data analytics and research skills desired. This position requires the knowledge of FLAIR (State of Florida Accounting system) and/or knowledge of accounting practices and procedures in another system and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Maintains the QuickBooks to ensure accuracy and are reconciled to FLAIR. Prepares appropriate reports for review and distribution to regions
- Monitors and reviews all other local fund reconciliations received in Central office and ensures proper documentation is maintained
- Analysis of data related to Governmental accounts as needed
- Runs various accounting reports
- Assist with Journal Transfers or other accounting corrections as needed
- Provide Year-end financial statements assistance
- Assist with other areas in accounting as needed
Ability to analyze data from all aspects of the accounting cycle and connect the accounting data within programs and operations related to the budget/financial structure. This requires analyzing data and understanding the accounting processes and procedures. Ability to work independently, attention to detail and resourcefulness in determining the true nature of discrepancies are a must.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Technical skills in Microsoft with main focus on Microsoft Excel used to create detailed and complex Spreadsheets (Ex: V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, Sorting, Filtering, etc.). Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with internal and external customers and provide guidance to them as appropriate. Ability to work within fixed timeframes established on a monthly basis. Experience in FLAIR (State of Florida Accounting system) is desired. Knowledge of Finance and/or Budget is preferred.
Other Computer skills desired: Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Access,
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, finance, or business
- Professional or nonprofessional accounting experience can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required bachelor’s degree; or any combination of this experience and up to 60 semester or 90 quarter hours of college education including two courses in accounting can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required bachelor’s degree
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking . All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Expected salary: $32696.82 – 58137.54 per year
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Job date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 03:48:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!