Job title: Accountant
Job description: Asset classes under management comprise global equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, timber and commodities. OIM’s staff are all based in New York, but come from over 30 countries.
For more information please visit OIM’s website at https://oim.unjspf.org/. The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Accountant, and general guidance of the Chief, Operations Section.
Responsibilities Within delegated authority, the Accountant – Middle Office will be responsible for the following duties:
- Analyses accounts and reviews/evaluates financial reports. Identifies problem transactions and irregularities in post trade matching process, resolving them in a timely and effective manner.
- Approves/Confirm management fees in accordance with the limited partnership agreement (“LPA”) of private market funds prior to executing payment.
- Ensures that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning for corporate actions and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Provides advice and guidance concerning complex issues on post trade investment transactions processing.
- Provides authoritative interpretation of requirements for handling management fees transactions and wiring instructions verification procedure for each capital call payment requests.
- Coordinates and supervises income and position exception management related to corporate action processing of the Fund.
- Monitors, analyses, and approves brokers’ commission and market fee transactions for entry into the order management system.
- Keeps abreast and provides guidance on changes in market requirements; e.g. trade settlement cycles, market fees, transaction taxes and static data maintenance that would require reconfigurations to post-trade matching process and changes in procedures.
- Defines business user requirements, identify process weakness and works with Information Systems Section with respect to post trade investment operations process.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new products and investment accounting policies.
- Provides information needed to respond to audit findings and draft responses to audit observations and implement recommendations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Chartered Alternative Investment Accountant (CAIA) or equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, investment operations or related area is required.
- Experience in trade settlements using Bloomberg AIM, or other trade order management systems, is required.
- Experience using post-trade matching platforms, such as OMGEO or equivalent, is required.
- Experience in accounting for real estate, private equity and real assets investment is required.
- Experience in accounting for corporate actions is required.
- Experience with daily position and cash reconciliation is desirable.
Applicants are urged to carefully follow all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. Please go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=150206&Lang=en-US to apply.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 23:17:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!