Job title: Advisory Software Engineer
Company: Horizon Software
Job description: Description :
Who We Are
CBORD and Horizon are the world’s leading providers of integrated technology solutions powering housing, access, foodservice, nutrition, eCommerce, and card systems for K-12 and higher education, acute care, senior living, and business campuses. Our success and growth is directly attributed to our DREAMteam. Our culture is built on integrity, respect for our people, and continuous personal development. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit, where creativity, innovative problem solving, and learning agility drive our day-to-day actions.
The Advisory Software Engineer will assist the Development team with tasks related to product design, coding, and testing. A successful candidate cares deeply about the best user and developer experience, and the highest standard of quality for all of our products.
What You’ll Be Doing
- As a full stack advisory software developer, build scalable, performant, extensible, flexible, and maintainable cloud-based solution.
- Efficiently perform development activities, including design, code, test, debugging, documentation, maintenance, and modification to complex applications.
- Research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current practices
- Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior developers
- Adhere to department standards, policies and procedures
- Complete administrative responsibilities in a timely fashion
- Provide technical support after-hours
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience with .NET Core a plus
- 5 years of experience with an RDBMS database (SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with NoSQL database systems preferred
- Demonstrate proficiency in continuous integration, and Test-Driven Development
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the application flow and technical architectures. Good knowledge of event-driven architecture (EDA) and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with cloud-based computing with AWS platform preferred
- Good technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design, and implementation
- Good understanding of development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance
- Good understanding of product development lifecycles
- Good analytical and design skills at multiple product level
- Proficiency in research, analysis, and implementation
- Learn quickly and adapt to new technology.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- A can-do-better attitude and striving to simplify technical issues for the customer
What’s Good to Know
- This role can be a Hybrid Remote role if you reside in the metro Atlanta Area
- Occasional travel
- Occasional on-call/after-hours support
Who You’ll Work with
- Software development team and QA team
Why Join the CBORD Horizon DREAMteam?
DREAMteam (how we refer to all of us) You’re engaged and self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly driving improvement and innovation. You act as a change agent. You’re a team player contributing to a collaborative and diverse work environment. We question the status quo and so should you. You are accountable and focused and take smart risks. You’re an extension of our talent acquisition team – always scouting top talent to join our team.
- Eligible team members have access to a robust health insurance plan on their first day of employment.
- To encourage, motivate and challenge team members to take an active interest in their health and well-being, the Company provides a Wellness Benefit of $200 for the calendar year.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program.
Eligible team members are granted with the following paid time off annually:
- Vacation: 15 vacation days; pro-rated during the first year
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays each year
- Sick Time: 5 sick days; pro-rated during the first year
- Personal days: 3 personal days; pro-rated during the first year
Planning for the Future
- Employer paid Life Insurance / AD&D / Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability Insurance / Term Life Insurance / AD&D
- Access to FSA Plans & Commuter Benefit Plans
- 401(k) Savings Plan where the Company matches team member contributions $0.50 for every dollar saved up to 8% of pay.
- Access to the Roper Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental Leave Program
Make an Impact
- DREAMcares (The Company’s outreach initiative to support our extended community): Eligible employees will have access to 3 paid days off annually to serve at a qualified and approved organization.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not intended to determine all specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Location: Duluth, GA
Job date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 23:35:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!