Job title: Agency Temp Associate Payroll Specialist – Irving, TX
Job description: There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Agency Temp Associate Payroll Specialist
We are currently seeking an Agency Temp Associate Payroll Specialist to join our team.
This position is responsible for receiving payroll information from assigned clients or Payroll Specialists and inputs new hire, edits, and termination information. This role processes payroll information and produces client specific payroll checks, invoices and standard payroll reports. This position is also responsible for upholding the integrity of the client and employee data base and ensures all compliances are met.
Under much supervision and no decision-making:
- Services a specified number of clients by receiving employee paperwork, which includes new hires, employee changes and terminations.
- Upholds the integrity of the client and employee data base and ensures all compliances are met.
- Receives payroll information from clients or Payroll Specialists, processes payroll information and produces client specific payroll checks, invoices and standard payroll reports.
- Ensures accuracy of payroll input, balancing input to payroll worksheet and payroll reports to clients.
- Coordinates with the Finance Department, when necessary, and follows through with the client to ensure funds are received.
- Provides backup documentation to Finance Department, if needed, for wires.
- Maintains accurate delivery instructions for each payroll in the system.
- Trains with the Payroll team, Supervisor and Payroll Trainers to develop skill levels.
- Builds and maintains client load to that of a Payroll Specialist over the course of a year in order to gain payroll experience and knowledge of accepted payroll practices.
- Attends weekly department training meetings and reviews procedure manual on an ongoing basis.
- Establishes clear communications with client, employees and team members in order to better serve the client.
- Consults with Supervisor and Payroll Trainer when responding to new or different questions from clients and employees.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred.
- One plus years relevant work experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Position requires a basic understanding and entry level payroll knowledge.
- Assists in operating data entry equipment; maintaining and monitoring employee records with accuracy and detail with narrow time limitations; maintaining records, posting data and making arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy; clerical methods and techniques relating to maintaining large filing systems accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions, following established company policy guidelines; methods and techniques relating to establishing and maintaining customer service; communicating clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing; following verbal and written instructions; working independently from general instructions; and maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Irving, TX
Job date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 01:05:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!