Job title: Anesthesia Billing and Coding Auditor
Job description: Large Medical Billing Company is currently seeking an Anesthesia-experienced certified medical coder and auditor. The Anesthesia Billing and Coding Auditor is a qualified coding and auditing resource, who has completed an accredited coding education class and holds an active coding credential from CPC, AHIMA or AAPC. The Anesthesia Billing and Coding Auditor has full knowledge and training in CPT, ICD, HCPCS coding rules and guidelines.
This position is responsible for audits of coding, working Doctor Portal pends, collaborating with internal specialists for Anesthesia specific coding rules, and communicating internally and externally with customers on findings.
MBMS offers competitive salary, and a robust benefits package which includes health, dental, vision insurance, STD/LTD and 401k!
- Follow up on claim denials and clearinghouse errors to ensure payment is received for Anesthesia claims
- Audit client / OS for the accuracy of:
- Documentation to support the CPT code billed
- Diagnosis Billed
- Modifiers assigned
- Referring physician billed
- Date of Service
- Place of Service
- Document issues and errors found in each audit sample
- Assist in the review and updating of billing and coding manuals
- Assist in communication and education to our outsourcing partners as it relates to Anesthesia
- Interact with facilities’ contacts when necessary to gather or clarify information pertaining to the client and its patients
- Answer telephone inquiries from patients in a professional and courteous manner
- May train or serve as a resource for new or existing personnel
- Coding certifications (must be kept current)
- Certified Health Care Auditor (CHCA) or similar auditing certification preferred
- Experience with Anesthesia Coding and Concurrency
- High familiarity with EMR’s and EOB review
- Must be able to communicate ideas and interface effectively peers and superiors.
- Knowledge of HIPAA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum – One (1) year of job-related experience.
MBMS Medical Billing and Management Services
Location: Augusta, GA
Job date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 23:42:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!