Job title: Application Developer Technology Kansas City, MO Req ID: 5939
Job description: At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking — harnessing creativity, technology and culture — to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people’s lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
VMLY&R is seeking an Application Developer. As a member of a development team, the App Developer is a programmer, problem-solver and technical junkie. Faced with the highest programming challenges, he or she must welcome challenges, learn quickly and be even-tempered. Being on the leading edge of technology, the App Developer also acts as a technology consultant to the interactive, account, strategy and creative teams.
- Works with the Technical Director, Technical Architect, App/Web Developer, Database Administrator, System Administrator, Project Management, Account Management and Creative to create best-in-class websites and applications, completing all requirements and meeting usability expectations
- Writes programming code that adheres to established department development protocols and best practices.
- Participates as part of a team to determine scope, possibilities, creative applications, etc., for a client project.
- Evaluates emerging technologies, performing proof of concepts, as well as documenting recommendations, strategies and best practices.
- Supports existing and new product development through each phase of the life cycle, including requirements, development, quality assurance, and implementation.
- Completes work within the established timeline and budget.
- Keeps abreast of the latest development techniques and languages. Shares knowledge with co-workers.
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
- Strong server-side programming abilities required. Two plus years’ experience with:
- .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#.NET, VB.NET or Java, JSP 2.1, and JBOSS 7.
- A working knowledge of RDMS, specifically SQL Server or Oracle, including SQL query language and stored procedures.
- Working knowledge of implementing Google Analytics.
- Working knowledge of build and deployment automation using tools such as CruiseControl.NET and Teamcity.
- Working knowledge of test automation using tools such as NUnit.
- Ability to troubleshoot applications quickly and effectively.
- Excellent analytical skills to perform highly complex interactive development work.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers, other departments, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team. Establishes and maintains productive working relationship with internal and external contacts. Must be able to work in a team environment and share knowledge.
- Must be close to a perfectionist, yet flexible. Attention to detail is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience successfully programming in applicable languages. Programming certification a plus.
- Solid working experience with one or more of the following CMS platforms: Drupal, Sitecore, Day CQ5/AEM6.0, Umbraco
- Experience developing for web applications.
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 02:55:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!