Job title: Assistant Civil Engineering Construction Manager
Company: AKS Engineering & Forestry
Job description: Job Summary
AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for a full‐time Assistant Civil Engineering Construction Manager in our Keizer, Oregon office. You will work closely with the Keizer AKS Lead Construction Manager and civil engineering project management/design team. This position requires you to provide construction management support including, but not limited to, working as an owner’s representative, estimating and quantity take-offs, inspections, constructability plan reviews, project schedule development, and general construction support for infrastructure projects.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- 4+ years of proven working experience in the construction/engineering industry
- Very detail oriented
- Construction cost estimating experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understands construction methods and technologies, including interpreting contracts, technical drawings, and specifications
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Navigate challenging worksites, including in inclement weather and with uneven/unstable ground
- Ability to work quickly, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- A BS or AS degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field
- Possess a current driver’s license and safe driving record. Must be able to be insured to drive an AKS vehicle
Job Functions & Responsibilities: Working with the Construction Manager and/or Project Manager the following tasks will be assigned:
- Managing construction related issues, either directly or working with the AKS Construction Manager
- Representing AKS with the contractor, municipal agents, and client; establishing good working relationships is critical
- Preparing cost estimates, budgets, work timetables, and constructability assessments
- Creating and managing budgets, including discussions with contractors, subcontractors, and the owner
- Preparing internal and external reports pertaining to project progress, schedules, and cost tracking
- Ensuring all changes to specifications, work scope and drawings are documented and approved by Project Manager
- Plan project strategies, handle unexpected issues and delays, and work with the Construction Manager to find effective solutions to problems as they come up
- Monitoring construction schedule performance and investigating reasons for less than satisfactory performance
- Confering with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work complaints, or construction problems
- Analyzing, managing, and mitigating risks
- Inspecting and documenting the construction progress of streets, earthwork and utilities to ensure compliance with contract documents, specifications, and building codes
- Creating a safety‐oriented site, and communicate safety protocols
- Reviewing and coordinating contractors, subcontractors, field staking, and field inspectors
- Reviewing contractor billing and verifying billed quantities
- Reviewing and responding to RFIs
- Completing projects and special assignments as requested
- Doing what needs to be done
AKS is a locally owned infrastructure engineering firm that provides professional consulting services to municipal and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, natural resources, landscape architecture, arboriculture, water resources, and forestry. With this combination of professionals, we bring a holistic approach to problem-solving that allows us to implement solutions that may not be obvious when viewed from a single perspective. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including land owners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and nearly 25 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. AKS is consistently ranked among the largest engineering firms in the Portland metropolitan area. Despite our growth, we have remained true to our values and diligently maintain our focus on quality. Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. In fact, AKS was recognized by The Oregonian as one of the Top Workplaces of 2018 and 2019. We specifically place our offices closer to where our employees live providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is treated as a valuable asset and everyone’s voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation, benefits, and special perks. Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Keizer, OR
Job date: Thu, 04 Mar 2021 02:30:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!