Job title: Assistant Designer, Vince Camuto Footwear
Company: Designer Brands
Job description: General Summary
The Assistant Designer is the entry level position supporting the design team for a product line. This position participates in the development of product and trend direction for the season and is accountable for timely and accurate entry of all specifications for new designs. The candidate should be involved in and learn the design process by supporting the administrative work needed to ensure samples and production requests meet the required timeline for speedy delivery.
Reports to: Designer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts various design administrative work, including specs, line sheets, and maintains updates
- Creates or edits CADs edits, sketches or edits sketches to meet design updates
- Develops trend boards and reports from seasonal meetings
- Files and creates expense reports for travel of design team members in accordance with expense deadlines
- Calendar management for changes and updates to sales, sketch and proto meetings
- Assist with packing and unpacking of samples for showroom set up
- Shipping and receiving coordination for samples and materials needed for design and edits
- Meet departmental standards for quality, quantity and turn time expectations
- Identify and recommend process improvements to drive efficiency and productivity
- Ability to use market research, trends and industry knowledge to participate in upcoming design meetings
- Must be a team player, exhibiting strong communication skills and flexibility
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional demeanor and customer service oriented
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to sketch, CAD and understand foundational design elements
- No previous experience required, previous design internship preferred
- Design degree or currently enrolled in program with intentions to graduate
ALREADY AN ASSOCIATE?
You must apply through our internal portal:
Why Choose A Career with Designer Brands?
Empowering associates and building strong teams poised to disrupt the retail and footwear landscape through positive change is at the core of who we are at Designer Brands.
- Invested in helping our associates learn, develop, achieve and grow into strong leaders
- Shared commitment to creating a culture fueled by engagement, excitement, optimism and fun
- Dedicated to giving back and community involvement
About Designer Brands:
Designer Brands Inc. is one of North America’s largest designers, producers and retailers of footwear and accessories.
- Designer Brands Inc. operates a portfolio of retail concepts in nearly 1,000 locations under the DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse, The Shoe Company, and Shoe Warehouse brands and operates leased locations in the U.S through its Affiliated Business Group.
- Designer Brands designs and produces footwear and accessories through Camuto Group, a leading manufacturer selling in more than 5,400 doors worldwide.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 02:47:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!