Job title: Assistant Family Teacher
Company: Boys Town
Job description: Business: Boys Town
Job Summary : In a career as an Assistant Family-Teacher, you play a big part in making a difference in changing a youth’s life. Youth come to the Boys Town Family Home Program for a variety of reasons, such as: family or school issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, or involvement in the juvenile justice system. You come in by teaching them appropriate social, academic and independent living skills. We strive to give Boys Town Kids the fulfilling lives they deserve.
Schedule: Must be flexible! Typical evening hours 2:00pm-10:00pm, 2 weekends a month,
- Provide direct care for 6-8 at-risk youth in a safe and caring family-style living environment
- Teach youth appropriate skills and behaviors using the Boys Town Model
- Plan and participate in individual and family activities that are both educational and entertaining
- Work in conjunction with an assigned Family-Teaching Couple
- Provide youth with moral, spiritual and educational development needed for future success
- Use problem solving techniques to teach critical thinking and assist youth with behavioral problems
- Assist with youth transportation needs, household upkeep, and daily schedules
- Maintain and prepare written records for household budgeting, tracking youth progress, and reporting incidents or behaviors
- Serve as a role model for ethical behavior and promote awareness and moral principles of the Mission, Vision, & Values of Boys Town.
Required Qualifications :
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Must have the ability and desire to work and live with youth.
- Must have the willingness to work as a flexible team and work varied hours in order to assist the Family Teaching Couple with youth and home activities.
- Proven record of sound judgment and ability to work with children in a mature and responsible manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychological, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the youth being serviced in his/her assigned service area.
About Boys Town : Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: March 17th, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Location: Oviedo, FL
Job date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 08:38:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!