Job title: Associate Actuary (Principal International)
Company: Principal Financial
Job description: Responsibilities
Principal International is seeking an Associate Actuary to join our actuarial team leading financial analysis projects. . This position will work with international Member Companies, primarily in Latin America, to lead initiatives to meet local and corporate actuarial and financial needs This team performs a variety of work including US GAAP and local valuation, financial modeling, capital planning and Asset Liability Management giving candidates opportunities for exposure to a variety of projects and develop broad financial knowledge. There will be opportunities to acquire expertise in various international products and markets through diverse initiatives.
- A Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) with of actuarial experience is required
- Highly organized, innovative, problem-solver with excellent analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to accept and adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong candidates will have the ability to influence others and will also possess strong communication and consultative skills.
- Ability to initiate change while being diplomatic and a team player
- Familiarity with US GAAP accounting preferred
- Knowledge of actuarial modeling software. (ALFA is preferred)
- Knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, the Actuarial Standards of Practice promulgated by the Actuarial Standards Board, and the Code of Professional Conduct of the American Academy of Actuaries and the Society of Actuaries
Willing to consider applicants at the Actuary level depending on experience
We are open to hiring this role in our Des Moines, IA headquarters or remotely.
At this time, we’re not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we’re bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our , and why to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Location: Des Moines, IA
Job date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 23:38:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!