Job title: Associate Application Developer
Job description: Company : Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
Assists in providing less complex application development services typically as part of a project team or in an application support role. Developers assist, analyze, design, code, test and implement less complex systematic solutions to meet customer requirements that adhere to Highmark IT standards and policies. Developers assist in providing less complex general support to maintain applications that meet the service levels, system availability, performance and quality levels required by their customers.
- Responsible for assisting in analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing less complex application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
- Utilizes and participates in the full system less complex development life cycle, per current Highmark SDLC standards.
- Assists in collaborating with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Concentrates on providing less complex innovative solutions to business needs.
- Assists in providing required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24×7 supports when necessary.
- Performs work in compliance with all Highmark and Highmark IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Assists and actively participates on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience.
- Effectively communicates with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting less complex technical walkthroughs, reporting project status, enabling [facilitating? Promoting?] Vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School / GED
- 0 – 1 year in Information Technology or related field
- Familiarity with the Healthcare or Health Insurance industry
- Familiarity with technology platforms, application development tools, business processes, software development life cycle used by Highmark enterprise
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- JAVA Developer, DB2 Certification, Cognos Certification
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- Demonstrated leadership skills
A Developer is not required to have experience in all of these, but is required to have those needed to support applications they are responsible for supporting. Current skill sets are reviewed approximately every other year; new skills may be required to meet changing business needs.
- IMS, DB2, Oracle and Teradata Databases, Data Warehousing
- COBOL, Visual Basic, C C++, SAS
- PEGA, CSS3, Mobile, JSON, Cognos, Hadoop, SQL, J2EE, HTML5/XML, Business Object, .net
Project Management Tools:
Certification in application areas such as:
- Java Developer, DB2, Cogno, PEGA, Enterprise Architect(SCEA), Project Management, Certified Quality Analyst (CQA), Scrum Master Certification, Lean/Six Sigma
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 07:09:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!