Job title: Brandywine Virtual Academy Student Liaison
Company: Chester County Intermediate Unit
Job description: The Brandywine Virtual Academy (BVA) was formed to provide schools with the resources and flexibility to serve students who wish to learn online. It is managed and operated by the Chester County Interrermediate Unit, but the credits align with a student’s assigned school. As such, a student graduating will earn their diploma from their public/private school and not from BVA.
BVA offers a wide range of computer-based courses that students take over the internet. Students may complete their courses from a school-based classroom, computer lab, home or other location with internet access.
A vacancy cuurrently exists for a BVA Student Liaison within the Communications and Learning Solutions Division of the Chester County Intermediate Unit. The Student Liaison is the main point of contact for students enrolled in the Brandywine Virtual Academy. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination of registration and classes with third party vendors, other curriculum providers, and BVA staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, communications or related field required.
- PA Instructional I or II certification preferred.
- Experience as a tutor or teaching assistant preferred.
- Current, within one year, police, child abuse & FBI Fingerprint clearances required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Student Liaison is the main point of contact for students enrolled in the Brandywine Virtual Academy.
- The incumbent is responsible to coordinate registration and classes with the third party vendors, other curriculum providers, and BVA staff.
- The student liaison will communicate with students and parents to help them understand the program and maneuver through the BVA system, guiding students to have a successful educational experience.
- This position is responsible for monitoring student progress and reporting issues to the appropriate personnel.
- This position serves as a liaison between the BVA staff and the third party course vendors. This position is also responsible for technical questions and problems that students or parents may experience.
2021 – 2022 Project, Band 14
$58,362 – $72,935
Monday – Friday (Ocasional weekends for special events)
7.5 hours a day
260 days per year
455 Boot Rd Downingtown, PA 19335
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chester County Intermediate Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Chester County Intermediate Unit ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Chester County Intermediate Unit has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources at 484-237-5085.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Expected salary: $2021 – 2022 per month
Location: Downingtown, PA
Job date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 01:12:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!