Job title: Broadband Services Analyst
Company: Public Utility District #1 of Whatcom County
Job description: Summary: Assist the District’s Assistant General Manager in supporting the District’s Community Services group’s activities related to expanding access to high speed broadband services for public agencies, residents, and businesses within the greater Whatcom County community in a manner that facilitates accomplishment of the District’s strategic goals.
- Assist the design, development, and pricing of District wholesale services provided to retail telecommunications service providers and other entities.
- Assist in the development of business plans, staffing plans, policies, procedures related to the provision of existing and new telecommunications services by the District.
- Develop and implement pilot projects to test the District’s ability to deliver new telecommunications services.
- Develop relationships with other public agencies and governmental bodies within Whatcom County for the purpose of facilitating high speed broadband communications deployment through joint efforts: staffing, cost sharing, project funding, etc.
- Develop and conduct studies to determine areas of the County which are either not served or underserved with respect to access to high speed broadband services.
- Prepare applications for funding in response to County, State, and Federal Request for Proposals for grants and loans related to telecommunications studies and facilities.
- Participate in District Commission meetings and workshops and conduct presentations for Commissioners, customers and the general public, as directed.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and managing strategic initiatives related to telecommunications services, consistent with the District’s Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for special projects, as assigned by Assistant General Manager, including team inter-departmental projects.
- Must be available to work non-routine and emergency shifts including nights, weekends, holidays and other periods, as required during District emergency operations events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.S., B.A.) in a science, technology, engineering, telecommunications, computer networking, information technology, or related field obtained from a college or university is a minimum requirement. Equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to or including the requirements and duties as outlined above may be considered. Experience working for a municipal government or utility fiber network division or private telecommunications provider developing fiber network infrastructure would be considered relevant experience. Enthusiasm for making broadband service more accessible, and equitable in Whatcom County.
Salary Range: $75,000 to $95,000 DOE
Excellent Benefit Package
Expected salary: $75000 – 95000 per year
Location: Ferndale, WA
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 08:30:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!