Job title: Business Analyst 2
Job description: Job Description
Title: Business Analyst
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 9+ months
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Business Analyst position will report to the Director of the Medicaid/CHIP Systems team. This team is a part of the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Information Technology – Applications.
The Business Analyst will assist with the Exceptional Item #8 initiative.
This position will aid in analysis and documentation of systems necessary to support the Exception Item #8 initiative.
The Business Analyst’s responsibilities include:
- Working with subject matter experts across the HHS system to collect and update business and system data.
- Documenting business and system requirements using approved agency formats.
- Collaborating closely and priorititzing activities with different business units that may have conflicting requirements.
- Facilitating and documenting AS-IS and TO-BE process flows
- Writing test cases and scripts to validate code is working as documented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to provide clear and consistent status updates and inform stakeholders and agency leadership of project progress.
- Solid experience with the Microsoft Suite of tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Project, and Visio).
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) methodologies.
- Able to take direction and delegate activities as needed.
- Maintaining project repository in SharePoint.
- Other duties as assigned.
II. CANDIDATE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Requirements:
Candidates that do not meet or exceed the minimum stated requirements (skills/experience) will be displayed to customers but may not be chosen for this opportunity.
Years Required/Preferred Experience
4 Required Experience within HHS system (or other large healthcare or insurance entity) as a business analyst
3 Required SharePoint expertise and ability to make design changes to SharePoint sites
3 Required Proven ability to work successfully with technical and non-technical groups, and manage multiple responsibilities
3 Required Functional and technical requirements gathering, analysis and documentation with a strong attention to detail
3 Required Developing Use Case documentation and User Stories that lead to clearly defined and numbered project requirements
3 Required Experience in executing test scripts and verifying test results using tools like ALM
3 Required Possess strong verbal and written skills in communicating with peers and different levels of users including executive staff.
3 Required Experience working with full agile system development lifecycle (SDLC)
3 Required Experience facilitating productive meetings to formulate business requirements and communicate stakeholder needs to technical staff
2 Required Experience in System Integration testing including end to end and batch job testing
2 Required Experience in Load testing
2 Required Ability to work on multiple projects or project assignments
2 Preferred Experience with HHSC programs.
2 Preferred Experience with testing for Accessibility.
2 Preferred Experience with Long Term Care systems
2 Preferred Knowledge of the Texas Project Delivery Framework
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 05:54:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!