Job title: Cafeteria – Utility Worker / Cafeteria Helper
Company: Cornwall-Lebanon School District
Job description: Benefits:
– Hours: 6.00 Hours per Day (nine month position)
– Salary: $12.50 per hour
– Five (5) Paid Holidays
– Three (3) Personal Leave Days
– Ten (10) Days Accumulated Sick Leave Per Year
– Life Insurance
– Individual medical, dental and vision coverage
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under direction, verify, distribute and organize all cafeteria food and supplies received by the District including USDA items. Assist in maintaining clean and organized cafeterias throughout the District. Complete required work using safe and healthy work practices.
- Responsible for the organization and inventory of freezer items, and refrigerated items and dry goods.
- Assist the cafeteria managers with the monthly inventory of food supply items including USDA items.
- Responsible for the rotation of perishable items.
Distribution of Items
- Responsible for distributing food and supplies to appropriate District building cafeteria.
Assist in maintaining clean and organized kitchen areas.
Responsible for dispensing waste and recyclable items to the proper receptacles.
Maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation of food and supply storage areas.
- Maintain at least minimum annual training hours according to the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as requested to meet special needs or emergencies.
- High school diploma.
- Maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Ability to drive a box truck to make deliveries.
- Knowledge of mathematical principles.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, web-based applications).
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL / ENVIRONMENTAL:
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength and dexterity.
- Bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, kneeling and grasping frequently throughout the day.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders to approximate height of 10 feet.
- Ability to stand 95% of the day.
- Ability to work in freezers and refrigerators.
- Visual acuity to read correspondence and computer screens.
- Auditory acuity to be able to use telephone.
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must be courteous and able to deal effectively with people.
- Must be cooperative, congenial, and service oriented.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Must have an understanding and caring attitude toward children.
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to interpret detailed written and verbal communications.
- Ability to function in fast-paced and high-pressure work setting.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Food Service/School Cafeterias, elementary and secondary levels.
- Food storage areas, stockrooms, refrigerators, freezers, and dish rooms.
Job Title : Cafeteria – Utility Worker / Cafeteria Helper
Primary Location : Cedar Crest High School
Salary Range : $12.50 / Per Hour
Shift Type : Part-Time
Expected salary: $12.5 per hour
Job date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 02:44:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!