Job title: Certified Medical Assistant LPN (451 305)
Company: Hancock Regional Hospital
Job description: Title
Certified Medical Assistant LPN (451 305)
About the Organization The Hancock Physician Network is a group of experienced physicians specializing in internal medicine, family practice, OB/GYN, pediatrics, pulmonary medicine, and behavioral health. We provide the highest-quality care-with kindness and professionalism-to the patients and families we serve.
Our Mission is to improve the health of patients and families in the communities we serve with respect, integrity, and clinical excellence.
Category HFM Boyd – 7087
Position Purpose: A nonexempt position responsible for performing a variety of duties depending on whether it is a small clinic, large medical practice, multi-clinic, or a specialty office. They are involved in the clinical care of patients within the clinic, supporting the physicians in every aspect of care, consistent with their credential or license.
- Demonstrated communication skills to effectively communicate with management, providers, and patients.
- Operational knowledge of telephones, fax machines, postage machines, and other office equipment.
- Demonstrated ability in handling patient confidentiality.
- Ability to work with peers in a team situation and create a positive work environment for team members.
- Demonstrate a functional and technical understanding of applicable scheduling and billing software, Intranet and Internet usage, Excel/Word software, E-mail Usage and Web-based applications. Required to check e-mail daily and use as a source of internal and external communication. Required to understand and utilize electronic medical record technology.
The following list describes the essential duties of this role. Individuals in this role may not perform these duties, or may perform additional, related duties not listed here.
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned that may include checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians/nurses with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls, and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned that may include advising business manager of the need to send medical records, receives medical records that have been requested; obtaining lab/X-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying patient demographics; managing and updating charts to ensure that information is complete and filed appropriately.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned that may include setting up instruments and equipment per department protocols; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; cleaning sterilizer per scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies except for vaccines; and restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned including respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisor.
- Fulfills clinical medical assisting responsibilities that within scope of practice as described by nurse practice act, which may include medical/surgical asepsis, sterilization, instrument wrapping and autoclaving; checking vital signs ; physical examination preparations; clinical pharmacology; drug administration through various routes including injections; prescription verifications with physicians orders; minor surgery assists including surgical tray set-up pre/post-surgical care, applying dressings, and suture removal; biohazard waste disposal and monitoring; therapeutic modalities; instructing patients with assistive devices, body mechanics, and home care; laboratory procedures including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines; quality control methods; CLIA-waived testing; capillary punctures and venipuncture; specimen handling such as urine, throat, vaginal, stool, and sputum; electrocardiography including mounting, emergency triage, and first aid. Medical assistants must adhere to the MA scope of practice in the laboratory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education: High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED). Medical Assistants must have graduated from a medical assisting program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) must have active license within the state of Indiana.
Experience: Three to five years of recent experience working in a medical practice as a certified medical assistant or LPN. Must be proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel), self-disciplined, energetic and passionate. Should be highly organized and be well-developed in oral and written communication skills. Must demonstrate sound judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Required Certificate/License: Certification to work in a clinical role providing direct patient care required. LPN must possess active current Indiana licensure. BLS certification thru the American Heart Association (AHA) and TB certification thru the American Lung Association (ALA) preferred.
Position Certified Medical Assistant LPN (451 305)
Number of Openings 1
Open Date 2/5/2021
Location Hancock Family Medicine – Boyd
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Location: Greenfield, IN
Job date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 08:59:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!