Job title: Chief Clinical Officer – Central
Company: Evergreen Nephrology
Job description: Chief Clinical Officer
Who You Are
You are a devoted, compassionate, and enjoy being on the front lines in healthcare, changing the lives of your patients. You’re passionate about partnering with internal and external stakeholders to design, improve, and execute on clinical care quality and delivery in a way that gets to the root cause of a patient’s conditions, removes social determinants of healthcare, and ensures the highest possible quality of life and best outcomes for those in your care. You believe patients living with kidney disease deserve the best person-centered, holistic, comprehensive care and want to influence the healthcare system to drive towards that. You don’t want to sacrifice quality over quantity, and you aim to provide the same level of care and commitment to your team and patients that you would to your own family member. You thrive in innovative and evolving environments with high rates of change. You are driven by process-improvements. Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
Who We Are
Evergreen Nephrology partners with nephrologists to transform kidney care through a value-based, person-centered, holistic, and comprehensive approach to kidney care. We believe patients living with kidney disease deserve the best care and we are committed to improving patient outcomes and improving quality of life by delaying disease progression, shifting care to the home, and accelerating kidney transplants.
We help nephrologists focus on the right patients at the right time across the full care spectrum. We do this by providing them with the best-in-class interdisciplinary clinical resources, analytical insight and tools, and services to patients.
We listen to the needs of our patients, our employees, and our client partners, continually working to push beyond the status quo in which the care system manages patients today.
As the VP, Senior Clinical Officer with Evergreen Nephrology, you lead, influence and ensure proactive clinical care and optimal clinical quality for our patients. The VP, Senior Clinical Officer will serve as a key member of the clinical management team and report directly to the Chief Medical Officer to drive Evergreen Nephrology’s clinical success.
The Senior Clinical Officer will work closely with the Chief Medical Officer and have the responsibility to provide clinical and strategic direction and oversight of Evergreen’s clinical model and initiatives to ensure high quality patient care while meeting financial, operational, and clinical quality metrics.
Primary functions for the VP, Senior Clinical Officer include:
· Assist the Chief Medical Officer in the development of kidney care clinical programs focused on delaying progression of CKD, increasing adoption of home dialysis and kidney transplantation, and ensuring proper goal setting and shared decision-making regarding potential kidney replacement therapies.
· Collaborate with the population health central and field-based operations teams to ensure high clinical quality as we operationalize clinical pathways and processes; set goals for clinical excellence to drive high quality and reliability in care. Provide leadership and direction to clinical operations to ensure compliance with Evergreen’s objectives towards the realization of quality, cost-effective health care services.
· Participate in the development of staffing plans to assure the adequate allocation of resources to kidney care medical management functions.
· Collaborate with CMIO/CMO to support the strategic direction and advancement of technology and technology applications across the kidney care continuum. Collaborate with the technology team on building out IT support systems and processes to ensure great evidence based clinical care.
· Work with JV Partner Medical Directors and leadership teams to set utilization goals, operational and quality metrics, and oversee clinical metrics for kidney care programs. Build and maintain positive relationships with JV Partner practices clinical, business, and operational counterparts.
How You Qualify:
- You reviewed the Who You Are section of this job posting and immediately felt the need to read on. That makes you a match for our innovative culture.
- You accept that things change quickly in a startup environment and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities.
- You have completed an accredited residency and fellowship training program in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- You hold an unrestricted MD state license and are board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- You have 5+ year of clinical practice experience.
- You have a minimum of ten (10) years leading people and organizations to success.
- You have proven experience leading significant improvements in clinical quality and outcomes for care delivery and/or managed care organizations
- You have strong comprehension of clinical standards of care and are focused on quality of life for your patients.
- Bonus points: You have a master’s degree or higher related to quality, public health, administration, health services research or a related field.
- You may also have experience or be certified in one or more of the following areas:
- Specialist in Clinical Hypertension
- Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine
- Kidney Transplantation
How You are Supported
· You will benefit from Evergreen Nephrology’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at 4 weeks for full time employees, 11 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match (coming soon), health, dental, and vision insurance
· Family friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements
· As a team member you’ll be supported by our robust commitment to training and development that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Evergreen Nephrology
· You will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Evergreen Nephrology’s high-quality, value-based, care model
Evergreen Nephrology is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
Evergreen Nephrology will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor.
Evergreen Nephrology is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Location: Nashville, TN
Job date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 23:36:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!