Job title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – McCallum Place
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Job description: Acadia is a leading provider of behavioral healthcare services across the United States. Acadia operates a network of 227 behavioral healthcare facilities with approximately 9,900 beds in 40 states and Puerto Rico. With more than 20,000 employees serving approximately 70,000 patients daily, Acadia is the largest stand-alone behavioral health company in the U.S. Acadia provides behavioral healthcare services to its patients in a variety of settings, including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, specialty treatment facilities, residential treatment centers and outpatient clinics.
Acadia provides psychiatric and chemical dependency services to its patients in a variety of settings, including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, specialty treatment facilities, residential treatment centers, outpatient clinics and therapeutic school-based programs.
Acadia Healthcare’s mission is to create a world-class organization that sets the standard of excellence in the treatment of specialty behavioral health and addiction disorders. At Acadia Healthcare, we improve the lives we touch.
Visit our website:
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – McCallum Place Eating Disorder Center
How We Help
McCallum Place is a nationally acclaimed, comprehensive eating disorder treatment center for pre-adolescents, adolescents, adults, and athletes of all genders. With locations in St. Louis, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas we are unique in that we offer on-site medical and psychiatric management and care combined with intensive individualized psychotherapy, making our center a center of excellence and great alternative to traditional hospital settings
To learn more visit:
Your Impact as CFO
Improving the lives we touch is our number one goal at McCallum Place Eating Disorder Center. The Facility CFO is an integral part of the senior leadership team and expected to participate in the financial and functional decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the facility’s operational and financial goals. The Facility CFO has responsibility and is accountable for overall financial operations and is responsible for all aspects of the day to day fiscal management of the facility.
Your responsiblities as CFO:
- Ensures that monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensures that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and in compliance with company policies and standards and that any outstanding variances are identified and corrected timely.
- Prepares corporate required reports (including the Monthly Operating Report, Monthly Certifications, Corporate Disclosures, Forecasts) timely and accurately.
- Ensures all accounting and business office policies and required internal controls are in place to facilitate a clean audit with no material audit adjustments or deficiencies found. Ensures that all approval processes are in place.
- Directs the operations of the Revenue Cycle to ensure that accounts receivable are collected timely. Strives to achieve goals for cash collections and AR days and to reduce bad debt and denials. Routinely reviews revenue cycle metrics to proactively identify and address issues affecting overall performance.
- Is actively involved in ensuring Front End Revenue Cycle processes are in place including ensuring the insurance verification is completed on 100% of patients, working with the Financial Counselor to ensure proper determination of patient portions and approval of any discounts or charity and proper logging of upfront collections.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of federal, state and managed care reimbursement methodologies to ensure that facility is paid accurately and revenue deductions are recorded accurately. Facilitates preparation of any required cost reports.
- Supervises Accounting, Patient Accounting, Health Information Management, Materials Management and other departments assigned by the CEO. These departments may include, but are not limited to, Health Information Management, Materials Management, and Human Resources. Ensures department is adequately staffed and trained.
- Ensures compliance with Group Purchasing contract and monitors purchases to ensure supply costs are kept to budgeted levels.
- Prepares annual operating budget and participates in the annual strategic planning process which serves as a basis for the budget. Provides ongoing analysis of variances from budget and assists the CEO in implementing changes needed to achieve budget goals.
- Prepares annual capital budgets and Capital Equipment Requests. Ensures assets and related depreciation is recorded accurately and in compliance with company policies.
- Provides financial leadership and guidance to facility managers. Trains managers on financial matters and provides routine feedback regarding department performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field with major in Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years successful CFO experience in a healthcare setting desired.
- Previous Behavioral healthcare experience highly preferred.
- Previous experience with a proprietary healthcare system highly preferred.
- CPA or Master’s degree a plus.
- Proven financial analysis skills.
- Experience working with information technology and proficiency with software packages including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility staff, physicians and corporate staff.
- Ability to lead with a high degree of emotional intelligence and ethics.
The CFO Opportunity Offers The Following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within Acadia and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Relocation benefits
- Bonus opportunity
Location: Kansas City, KS – Saint Louis, MO
Job date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 08:54:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!