Job title: Chief Operating Officer (Regional Support Office)
Company: Citizens of the World Los Angeles
Job description: Responsibilities
Serve as a valued leader and thought partner to the leadership team and key stakeholders to enable growth and sustainability
- Serve on CWC LA Executive Team, along with Executive Director, Chief Schools Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief DEI Officer
- Develop, evaluate and implement strategic goals and growth plans
- Lead new school implementation plan
- Lead annual strategic planning process, in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Develop progress monitoring systems for key strategic initiatives, in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Report to Board of Directors on key priorities
- Lead a best-in-class operations team while embodying the CWC LA core values
- Collaborate with the leadership team to cultivate a strong culture that embodies CWC LA’s core values
- Hire, develop, evaluate, and retain a high-performing and diverse regional operations team that values and prioritizes the needs of schools and students
- Work collaboratively with Chief DEI Officer, Chief Schools Officer, Chief Financial Officer to implement cross-functional initiatives
Operations Management and Human Resources
Lead operations, data & compliance, and talent/HR teams
- Establish and communicate the operations vision to the organization and team members
- Build strong, supportive, feedback-based relationships with schools
- Ensure teams deliver excellent service to our schools and consistently focus on improving operational performance
- Lead process improvement initiatives and implement systems that drive scalable, cost-effective and efficient operations in our schools and Regional Support Office
- Manage LAUSD Charter Schools Division relationship, including LAUSD oversight
- Operations focus areas include procurement; vendor management risk management, legal and insurance; technology; LAUSD oversight; compliance to all applicable laws; COVID-19 safety protocols; etc.
- Lead data analytics team, overseeing CALPADS reporting, SIS management, strategic data analysis, and more.
- Develop operations and talent progress monitoring mechanisms, such as dashboards and trackers.
- Lead talent team, focused on hiring, promotion and retention practices aligned to the CWC LA DEI priorities of developing a diverse and high-performing team; compensation and benefits strategies; evaluation and performance management; etc.
- Lead application to LAUSD facilities annually through Prop 39 program
- Serve as liaison to LAUSD for the Prop 39 program
- Coordinate with Chief Financial Officer regarding new facilities acquisition
- Oversee management of existing facilities, including janitorial services; utilities management; vendor repairs; short- and long-term maintenance; etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following personal competencies and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ten plus years of experience, with at least five years in a senior leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and develop high-performing and diverse operations teams
- A track record of successfully leading process improvement initiatives and implementing systems within a growing organization
- Experience in charter schools and/or operations a plus
- Outstanding data, analysis and project management skills
- Exceptional listening, trust-building and interpersonal skills with ability to influence, engage, and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, in the nonprofit or social enterprise sectors
- Alignment with the organization’s mission and core values
- Proficiency communicating in Spanish or Korean a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range: $150,000-$170,000
- Generous time off (7 annual sick days, 3 annual personal days, 20 annual accrued vacation days, winter holidays org-wide shutdown, plus ~15 additional holidays)
- 403b retirement plan with 3% employer match
- Generous employer contributions toward healthcare premiums for employees and dependents
- A variety of medical HMO and PPO plan options (Anthem, HealthNet, Kaiser, United Healthcare)
- $50,000 employer-paid life insurance policy
- Voluntary life, accident, and critical illness insurances
- Voluntary health and dependent care flex spending accounts (FSA)
CWC LA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and, as an organization serving a diverse group of students, works to reflect this diversity our staff as well.
Expected salary: $150000 – 170000 per year
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 03:31:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!