Job title: Chief Technology Officer (SBU)
Company: General Dynamics
Job description: Overview
The Chief Technical Officer (CTO) for Munition Systems (MS) business unit within General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS) leads the development and management of the strategic product line portfolio for the business. The CTO uses their knowledge of the state of technology to properly align investment with market focused product line strategies. The CTO manages the product line management process to ensure those strategies are functionally coordinated and aligned within the business unit and business unit goals.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Leads product line management within the business unit to include:
- Customer focused understanding of product and service needs
- Market focused understanding of competitor products
- Defining requirements and developing plans to positively differentiate business unit products relative to competing alternatives
- Maintaining 5-year forward looking product development / improvement plans addressing product form, fit, function, feature, performance and price
- Maintaining 5-year forward looking industrial plans addressing make/buy strategy, manufacturing capability andcapacity, after market support, facilities and equipment
- Ensuring product development and industrial plans are aligned with business unit strategies, financial plans and investment constraints
- Oversight and control of product line plan execution to ensure outcomes are achieved
- Coordinate with Business Development representatives across the business and with partner organizations within the industry on strategic pursuits in alignment with company and customer objectives.
- Develops, advocates and secures Internal Research and Development (IRAD) and Contract Research and Development
(CRAD) investment required to execute product line strategies. * Maintains the intellectual property portfolio for the business unit.
- Participates in, informs and contributes to the yearly business unit planning cycle
- Advises the business unit VP/GM on product line and technology decisions.
- Represents the business unit VP/GM on product line and technology matters with corporation, company, customer and industrial partner executive leadership.
- Develops key technical management personnel within the business unit.
- Develops and maintains relationships with technology collaborators that support business unit strategies and product line plans (industrial, academic, government, etc.).
- Represents the business unit on product line and technology matters in industry forums, trade shows and conferences.
- Product and technology knowledge in energetic materials, direct and indirect fire munitions, gun systems, ammunition handling and system integration domains.
- Excellent analytical and financial management skills.
- Excellent team building and team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective delegation skills.
- Extensive forward looking industry knowledge in International Operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Active Secret level clearance desirable
Master’s degree in business administration or equivalent experience in a business management role that includes profit and loss
Bachelor’s degree in one or more fields of applied science or engineering.
At least 15 years of experience in the aerospace and/or defense industry
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Job date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 02:18:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!