Job title: Civil Engineer Intern
Job description: Job Summary
CalPortland is seeking a summer intern for the Corporate Engineering Group. This internship is ideal for a student interested in mechanical or civil engineering. The intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of heavy capital projects and/or maintenance projects. Exposure to various plants, aggregate, ready-mix, and cement.
- Complete Safety and MSHA training and any other site/job specific required training
- Carry-out and practice all Safety training and Company policies in the CalPortland workplace
- Provide help, designing and budgeting for projects at multiple plant locations
- Additional work with reliability and project engineers
- Assist in routine housekeeping and maintenance of the facilities
- Learn about other CalPortland departments and interface as required
- Attend summer intern orientation event at corporate headquarters in Glendora, CA
- Perform plant tasks as assigned
Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Willingness to work hands-on outside in various facilities located in desert climates
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting with various disciplines and personalities
- Must possess valid driver’s license, insurance and be insurable to drive company vehicles
- Experience with equipment management software
- Prior experience or internship in construction or building materials industry
At CalPortland, we’re proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that provides health and financial support to our most important resources: our employees. Your benefits are an important part of your overall compensation at CalPortland. That’s why we give you a wide range of benefits to choose from. All regular full time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental and vision plans. Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, and retirement program. The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate must submit to post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.
Job date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 06:35:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!