Job title: Clinical Secretary – Pharmaceutical Care Clinic
Company: Providence Health & Services
Job description: Providence is calling a Clinical Secretary (Per Diem, Day Shift) to work in Pharmaceutical Care Clinic at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, Washington. The position will include coverage at both St Peter Hospital, Olympia, WA and Centralia Hospital, Centralia, WA locations.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
The Clinical Secretary works in a specialized ambulatory clinic in which clinical pharmacist providers monitor patients in a traditional clinic setting for conditions requiring intensive therapy management. They would be responsible for obtaining accurate intake information from patients, scheduling patient treatment appointments, providing patient clinic check-in support and perform other essential clinic functions in collaboration with our clinical pharmacist providers. They must interact with patients, families and staff in a manner that portrays a positive image for the clinic.
In this position you will:
- Attend to the front desk, which is utilized both by patients and hospital visitors
- Check patients in for their clinic appointments
- Evaluates and maintains clinic referrals including annual renewals
- Ask appropriate questions of referring physicians’ offices, accurately documents diagnosis, and obtains all necessary information
- Request essential medical records for evaluation
- Screen referrals appropriately for indication and diagnostic coding then performs scheduling for clinic appointments based on acuity.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year experience working in an office setting or medical clerical experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®” recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
Location: Olympia, WA
Job date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 23:06:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!