Job title: COMMUNITY ORGANIZER/CRIMINAL JUSTICE CAMPAIGN
Company: New Virginia Majority
Job description: New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We seek conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to racial and economic justice to join our team. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Community Organizer, Criminal Justice and Right to Vote Campaigns
New Virginia Majority is looking to hire a full-time community organizer who will recruit, engage, activate and retain members, develop leaders, build community-based leadership teams, conduct political education training to, and execute campaign strategy for our criminal justice and right to vote campaigns in Richmond, VA.
- Build strong relationships and identify and develop leaders into clear membership roles. Timely and aggressive follow up with leads generated by field efforts including one-on-one meetings, house visits and other methods of grassroots outreach.
- Manage regular membership meetings with a standing agenda and supporting new leaders to facilitate meetings geared towards peer engagement and immediate activation.
- Create actions, training and mobilization opportunities in order to activate members and activists.
- Mobilize and track engagement of members and activists at various events and field opportunities in database.
- Develop the political consciousness of the affiliate organizations’ leaders through popular education, reflection, leadership development and developing appropriate educational materials.
- Provide support to leaders.
- Participate in campaign development, strategizing and implementation.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Committed to New Virginia Majority’s mission of social, racial and economic justice.
- Experience with grassroots organizing.
- Experience organizing in / with communities of color and/or formerly incarcerated people
- Ability to develop and maintain a variety of relationships on multiple levels.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines; able to develop and move projects forward with independence and autonomy.
- Self-motivated and works well both independently and on a team.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects.
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback.
- Driver’s license and access to a car.
- A minimum one-year commitment to the position.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salaries are competitive. Salary range is $36,000 – $42,000, commensurate with experience, and comes with an excellent benefits package, including health, vision, dental, and stipends for phone and transportation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume and contact information for three references to: https://www.newvirginiamajority.org/jobs
Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to applicants whose candidacy is not being pursued. No phone calls or email please.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We organize in communities year-round for racial, economic, and environmental justice through political education, mass-scale voter outreach, mobilization, and intensive leadership development around dozens of issues. We fight for a Virginia that is just, democratic and environmentally sustainable. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Richmond, VA
Job date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 23:00:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!