Job title: Community Organizer
Job description: Under the supervision of the Director of Policy & Advocacy, the Community Organizer plays a key role in conducting outreach and mobilizing constituents year-round for grass tops and grassroots advocacy led initiatives. In addition to working with other CAA Health staff, the Community Organizer will serve as a liaison with constituents, policymakers, and community-based organizations. Areas of Responsibility
- Develop, manage, support, and implement activities that facilitate an informed dialogue amongst diverse individuals [e.g., key allies, coalitions, businesses, faith-based institutions, public officials, and government agencies] on issues that affect Black and African American community.
- Help plan and manage community engagement efforts for CAA Health’s annual state Policy and Issues Forum, as assigned by the Director of Policy and Advocacy.
- Work with CAA Health’s Director of Policy and Advocacy and Policy Research Manager to coordinate social change strategies of grassroots community organizing.
- Develop and disseminate outreach education materials [e.g., printed, and electronic] such as brochures, videos, flyers, and action cards.
- Balance conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, reports and meet critical deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field [e.g., social work, political science, communications, public health] preferred. Minimum of four  years of community organizing experience. Strong computer skills, familiarity with Office365, Word, E
$45,000 – $50,000
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, short term and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Wellness Allowance reimbursement, Simple IRA, and generous paid time off.
Expected salary: $45000 – 50000 per year
Location: Denver, CO
Job date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 03:00:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!