Job title: Computer Technician/Help Desk
Company: Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD
Job description: Provide technical service and support (hardware and software) for district personnel.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Valid Texas Driver’s License, a good driving record, and proof of insurance on vehicle used to travel in district
- Candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination
- Basic knowledge of computers, software, mobile devices and peripherals, including troubleshooting techniques and performance analysis.
- Knowledge of audio visual equipment and repair
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications
- Knowledge of networks and client/server applications is helpful
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve over the phone with users of varying degrees of expertise
- Ability to resolve and follow up on requests for assistance
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Knowledge of mobile operating systems desirable
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and users while providing high quality customer service
- Ability to complete on-the-job training related to the position
- Minimum of two years work experience in computer and peripheral repair and help desk operations.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
(The following statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions that may be assigned or skills that may be required.)
- Install and configure equipment for network connections.
- Troubleshoot technology equipment, software, and cabling to resolve technical issues.
- Install, configure and support operating systems and applications software.
- Inform Supervisor of critical systems issues, ticket resolution and services.
- Prepare, deliver and set up technology equipment for all district departments and campuses effectively and efficiently.
- Diagnose, analyze and solve network issues as they arise.
- Utilize software applications such as KACE or Dameware to deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot remote systems.
- Assist users in proper operation of equipment.
- Plan, schedule and perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Create, assign, track and close work orders in district online work order system.
- Prioritize work orders to give personnel the best possible customer service.
- Provide telephone help-desk and on-site technical support for district employees.
- Oversee and manage tracking of new and old assets.
- Maintain and evaluate inventory records.
- Prepare, schedule and document obsolete equipment for disposal, and remove from inventory records.
- Report to work on time every day, and follow district attendance policies Maintain a consistent professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ensure compliance with the Texas Educator’s Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity, a collaborative leadership style and high ethical standards.
- Attend professional growth activities to improve job knowledge and performance.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and campus policies affecting schools, including daily attendance, punctuality and confidentiality.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as directed
Ability to communicate (verbal and written), concentrate, reason, understand verbal instructions, analyze, differentiate, memorize, read, compile, compute, instruct, climb ladders and maintain emotional control.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The position requires the ability to lift and/or carry heavy weight (20 pounds or more), stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, reach, perform repetitive hand motions, possess visual, acuity, drive within and outside the district. Works with unusual noise levels, low or intense illumination, work around moving objects, and may work alone for prolonged periods of time.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Applicant Signature: Date:
Supervisor Signature: Date:
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Job date: Sat, 01 May 2021 03:58:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!