Job title: Construction Crew Leader
Company: OTTO CONSTRUCTION, INC.
Job description: Job Summary:
The Crew Leader leads construction teams responsible for carpentry and other building systems.
- Oversees work of assigned employees.
- Addresses minor discipline problems with team members; refers more serious cases to supervisors.
- Assists with the planning and preparation of training and orientation for new maintenance team members.
- Follow instructions from supervisors and implement construction plans
- Supervise crew members
- Ensure adherence to schedule
- Oversee cost effectiveness and proper disposal of materials
- Assign tasks to crew members
- Instruct and direct laborers and other construction helpers
- Keep track of material inventory; make sure unused materials are returned to correct vendor
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of building systems such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to identify issues and to determine repairs that are needed.
- Ability to plan schedules.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software as needed to complete reports, logs, and inventory.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least five years of experience required.
- Must be able to traverse property and facilities assigned.
- Must be physically able to perform repairs when needed.
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds at a time.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected category.
All offers of employment shall be subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, verifications, and processes. Failure to comply with these processes, or failure to successfully pass all phases of the pre-employment screening will result in a withdrawal of employment offer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Job date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 22:19:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!