Job title: Construction Electricity Instructor
Company: Northland Community & Technical College
Job description: NOTICE OF VACANCY: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Becky Sarff, Human Resources Technician, at (218) 793-2407.
Closing Date: 04/16/2021Salary Range: $39,212 – $84,192 Annually
Northland Community and Technical College seeks a full-time unlimited Construction Electricity Instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. Primary Responsibilities will be teaching on the East Grand Forks campus and online.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at Northland are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary discourse and collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds amongst its administrators, faculty, and staff.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide classroom, lab, and fieldwork instruction.
- Deliver instruction using a variety of methods including on-site, online and/or hybrid-blended for a wide range of students, including traditional, developmental, adult, concurrent enrollment, and English-language learners.
- Conduct classroom research and other assessment/evaluation activities.
- Mentor and advise students.
- Maintain consistent communication with students through office hours, email, and telephone.
- Plan, develop, and deliver curriculum.
- Participate in committee assignments and college-wide initiatives.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Northland Community and Technical College.
- Engage in professional development activities.
- Promote diversity and cultural competency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two-year diploma in an electrician program or completion of a registered electrician apprenticeship program.
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a licensed electrician in residential and commercial.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- State of Minnesota Master Electrician License
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- Course Construction (credit course) *
- Teaching/Instructional Methods (credit course) *
- Student Outcomes Assessment/Evaluation (credit course) *
- Philosophy of Community and Technical College Education (credit/non-credit course) **
- Faculty shall have a degree in education or three years of successful full-time (or equivalent) teaching experience prior to being hired or shall be required to complete coursework in the above content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status.
- These courses shall be a waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have a degree in education, or have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework in the specified teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time (or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching experience in the field for which they are being hired. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.2)
- ** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.3)
- Teaching experience at the two-year college level.
- Prior on-line experience using D2L Brightspace platform or equivalent information management system.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Be knowledgeable about methods of instruction, testing and evaluation of students.
Why Work For Us:
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a great benefits package! Our generous benefits include sick leave, personal leave, Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
If you have questions about the position, contact Becky Sarff, Human Resources Technician, at Becky.Sarff@northlandcollege.edu or (218) 793-2407.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Expected salary: $39212 – 84192 per year
Location: East Grand Forks, MN
Job date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 08:02:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!