Job title: Container Shop Welder
Company: Republic Services
Job description: About Us
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that’s meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That’s why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Container Welder/ Fabricator repairs, paints and performs maintenance to containers and roll-off boxes.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on front, rear and roll-off containers
- Weld steel and aluminum components using MIG and ARC welding Equipment.
- Fabricates steel components using a brake and shear.
- Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
- Fabricates steel components for hoppers, containers and compactors.
- Installs lids and wheels on containers.
- Paints repaired containers.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Completes required paperwork.
- Install company and safety decals in accordance with company standard diagram on containers and roll-off boxes.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Refer more complex repairs to the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Certified welder.
- Advanced knowledge of mig &stick welders, plasma cutter, and airless paint Sprayers. Familiar with basic use of hand tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervisory involvement.
- Minimum of 1 year welding experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Posted Date: 4/28/2021 11:07:38 PM
Job Type: Non-exempt
Req #: R-039785
Location: FL-Orlando-11255 Rocket Blvd (32824-8546)
Job Category: Maintenance
Location: Orlando, FL
Job date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 07:02:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!