Job title: Continuous Improvement Engineer (Chemical Engineering)
Job description: Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we operate as an organization — not just when it’s convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values:
Entegris is seeking a highly motivated Chemical Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment where safety, quality and continuous improvement are paramount to fill this exciting new role as a Continuous Improvement Engineer.
As a Continuous Improvement Engineer, you will be a key player on the dynamic New Product Introduction team to oversee multiple projects driving profitable growth in the company’s Advanced Deposition Materials group. Projects will vary depending on size and scope, requiring flexibility and tailored solutions. This role will include direct interaction with a broad range of global senior, technical and functional management and subject matter experts throughout the organization.
The position’s primary directive will be to support continuous improvement projects for the production of specialty chemicals used by our customers to build high performance semiconductor products.
You will be a key player on the New Product Development team along with other skilled engineers whose objective is to design, develop and scale up processes, sub-components and equipment for the manufacturing team that are used by our customers to build high performance semiconductor products.
This job opportunity is located in our Burnet, TX facility, one hour outside vibrant Austin, TX.
In this role you will
- Develop continuous improvements for HVM products based on input from product marketing, manufacturing group and customers
- Improve lean practices on released products. Evaluate methods to reduce/eliminate non-value added steps such as paper documentation
- Improve chemical yields and cycle time on released products
- Improve ergonomic and safety on released products
- Audit all production sampling and analytical procedures to improve first pass yield
- Own/manage all CI submissions to CCMB
- Engage with product marketing and manufacturing groups for process requirement
- Collaborate with manufacturing to ensure equipment can be reliable and meet quality and cost targets; this activity includes design for enhancements to existing equipment manufacturability and new product equipment
- Have ability and willingness to take a “hands-on” approach to meeting project scope and timing including assisting project team members in completion of deliverables as needed
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or similar technical field or related experience is required; a Master’s degree is a plus
- Demonstrated experience (3+ years) of increasing responsibilities within a global, multicultural, multi-location organization serving a high technology industry
- Thorough understanding of distillation and sublimation processes and critical control parameters
- Thorough understanding of statistics and statistical software
- Familiar with SAP Enterprise software.
- Accessible by laptop computer and cell phone for occasional use during off hours
- Medium to High volume manufacturing experience
- Lead project(s) pertaining to continuous improvement of yield, cycle time and cost reduction involving distillation or sublimation
- A fundamental knowledge of chemistry (vapor pressure, material stability, material compatibility, etc.) and thermodynamics (mass flow, etc.)
Your success will be measured by
- Tenacity to drive projects to world class performance in a timely manner
- Professionalism, integrity, and high degree of accountability
- Speed of project implementation
- Cost reduction of components
- Time to resolve quality issue
- Leading teams to develop creative solutions to technical problems is essential
- Strong communication skills up, down, and across the organization with project teams, stakeholders, and senior leadership
What we offer:
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you’re looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve your goals.
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an impressive employer match that’s all yours- no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- A progressive PTO policy that empowers our employees to take the time they need to recharge!
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.
Location: Burnet, TX
Job date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 23:29:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!