Job title: Corporate Controller (High volume eCommerce and Wholesale)
Job description: Corporate Controller (Major eCommerce Retail/Wholesale) – Central Iowa
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all accounting operational functions
- Analyses financial statements including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement
- Works with VP Finance and Asst. Controller to implement & oversee activity-based accounting
- Actively works with other departments to develop departmental budgets and works with them to find creative solutions to ensure spending is within budget and meet ROI expectations
- Evaluates and manages internal controls within the organization
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Ensures compliance with GAAP as well as IRS, DOL, State Department, and other regulators
- Responsible for keeping up to date on all regulatory changes affecting the company as they relate to the finance and accounting department
- Assess current accounting operations and offers recommendations for improvement and implements new processes
- Collects and analyzes data to evaluate operational effectiveness and make recommendations to solve problems.
- Reviews ongoing performance results to targets and works with other departments to help them establish and meet their targets
- Works with outside brokers to ensure best practices that optimize our position with regard to insurance-related policies and practices
- Ensures internal audits are completed on a routine basis and works with other personnel to ensure all practices are in compliance
- Responsible for performance coaching and providing career growth opportunities to develop all Finance/Accounting team members
- Along with VP of Finance, takes a leadership role in departmental meetings and work with the team to execute, monitor, and evaluate team objectives and their business impact
- Champions company policies as they relate to the corporate vision, corporate ethics, and compliance with affirmative action and equal opportunity employment
- Developing and monitoring business performance and bank covenant metrics
Our client is a privately held Central Iowa-based company well into its eighth decade as a dominant leader in the specialty outdoors lifestyle e-retailing and wholesale space. The consumer business is entirely online, with the other 50% of sales coming from wholesale operations to nationwide retailers. This is the leading company in its space and is projecting threefold growth over the next several years to approach $1BN annually. With new state-of-the-art logistics facilities built, the company now requires a growth-minded and customer-centric accounting leader.
We are looking for a Corporate Controller with experience in a high-volume transactional environment (millions of transactions per year) who is also a proven team leader and developer. This is a unique opportunity to transform a legacy financial department.
We seek an accounting executive who can collaborate, be creative, is prepared to make their mark, and can fearlessly execute the changes necessary to position this current world-class retailer and wholesaler into its next level of market dominance.
What You Will Do
The Corporate Controller directs the establishment and maintenance of accounting principles, practices, and procedures for the maintenance of its fiscal records and the preparation of its financial reports. Directs general and property accounting, cost accounting, and budgetary control. Appraises operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operating policies, trends, and increased profit opportunities.
What You Will Need
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, Accounting or Finance required
- CPA required
- Ten plus years of progressive financial leadership experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Cost Control
- Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Bank Relations
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Proficient with Excel spreadsheets and ERP systems
- Customer Focus (L4)
- Creativity and Innovation (L3)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (L4)
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness (L4)
- Drive for Results (L4)
Job date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 03:08:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!