Job title: Counsel – Securities & Corporate Governance – Assistant Corporate Secretary
Job description: We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
From airports to the boardroom, our Legal department provides advice and counsel on all aspects of the business, assessing legal risks and our compliance.
Job overview and responsibilities
Counsel – for in-house legal department, with responsibility for handling securities and corporate governance matters, and working closely with the company’s Board of Directors, senior management and business groups on related matters.
- Prepares and provides advice regarding securities law disclosure/compliance for Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, Current Reports on Form 8-K, and various registration statements
- Provides securities law advice and compliance guidance for earnings releases, investor materials and management presentations
- Supports the Disclosure Council process, participating in the review of United’s periodic filings with members of the finance, investor relations, treasury and legal functions.
- Supports various aspects of the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance process, including the quarterly SOX business unit certification process
- Responsible for drafting various portions of the annual meeting proxy statement and coordinating the preparation of the annual meeting of stockholders
- Provides legal support to the United Airlines Holdings, Inc. Board of Directors and Board Committees on various corporate governance matters, which includes drafting and reviewing materials prepared for the Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings
- Provides assistance with various equity and debt financings
- Provides legal advice and counseling with respect to various securities, corporate governance and general corporate law matters
- Conducts training on securities law matters and reviews presentations and other materials prepared by business groups for securities/corporate governance issues
- Collaborates with business groups and colleagues within the Legal Department on cross-functional projects that present securities/corporate governance issues
- Assists with subsidiary management, secretary’s certificates and other corporate secretary functions
- Bachelor’s degree and Doctor of Jurisprudence degree
- Must be licensed to practice in Illinois or able to obtain a license to practice law in Illinois
- At least five years of legal experience in a large law firm or corporate in-house department with considerable experience in securities and corporate governance matters
- Experience working with public company Boards of Directors and executive-level management
- Extensive knowledge of, and practical experience working on, securities law and corporate governance matters
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and management skills
- Self-motivated, strategic thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to high standards of quality and ethics
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a fast-paced environment, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Previous in-house experience
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 08:50:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!