Job title: CRT Certified Respiratory Therapist
Company: Banner Health
Job description: Primary City/State: Phoenix, Arizona
Department Name: Respiratory Thrpy-Hosp
Work Shift: Night
Job Category: Clinical Care
**UP TO $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE**
(Recruiter will provide details of sign-on bonus during interview process)
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As a CRT, you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our Respiratory team at Banner Estrella Medical Center! You will have the opportunity to build relationships with the goal of making an impact on our patients at such an important time in their lives. You will be an active and engaged change agent; dedicated to the needs of our patients and families. Steadfast to safe, kind, effective, efficient, evidenced-based and high quality clinical care, outcome focused and solution oriented.
Available shift is Full-Time, 36 hours/week, working Nights (3 12-hour shifts). This role requires rotating weekends and holidays as well. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential when you work a minimum of 2 hours in the night shift “window,” which is 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential, where applicable. Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we’ve been named one of the “ten most innovative hospitals in the country” by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
This position applies basic fundamental techniques of respiratory therapy to patients in a variety of health care settings.
1. Performs all modalities of basic respiratory care as prescribed by physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures such as breathing treatments, lung expansion therapy, noninvasive ventilation and oxygen therapy.
2. Applies and manages mechanical ventilators with physician and/or licensed independent practitioner oversight, recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort and to expedite the weaning process.
3. Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the applications of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in the delivery of respiratory care as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
4. Performs basic assessment of patient’s disease process and response to therapy ordered and documents therapy provided in an accurate and complete manner in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
5. Communicates and collaborates with resource staff in formulating care plans, recommendations for change in therapy and identification/resolution of problems and when confronted with unfamiliar situations, procedures and techniques.
Associate or technical degree.
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT). A current license in state practiced as required by state law. In the state of Nevada, all incumbents must have their Blood Gas Technologist certification. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. In Home Care setting, must possess valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must have basic knowledge of clinical techniques, applications and equipment. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 01:51:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!