Job title: Data Entry I
Company: G&D Integrated
Job description: Company Overview
Based in Morton, IL, G&D Integrated provides contract logistics and transportation services that help our customers optimize global supply chains.
With more than 100 years of experience, we strive to bring the highest quality transportation, distribution and manufacturing logistics services together – all in one place. And we do this in the most efficient and effective combination to meet individual customer needs. That is what we call…SMART.EFFICIENT.LOGISTICS.
Guiding Principles: We aim to delight our customers while operating safely with engaged employees.
The main responsibility of this position is performing data entry to maintain the database(s) through custom software. Accuracy, efficiency and retrieval of processed data are key components of this position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter data into the computer system
- Notify carriers of outbound loads and logs them into the computer system
- Log arrival of inbound and outbound carriers into the computer system
- Create outbound bills of lading and freight bills
- Sort and sign paperwork
- Verify tracking and pro numbers
- Produce bills of lading per load as directed
- File paperwork
- Communicate with dock and office personnel when errors are discovered on documents
- Take phone calls from office personnel and customers
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures; report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or human resources
- Physical requirements
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; lift up to 10 lbs.
- Work environment
- Occasionally working near moving mechanical parts
- Well-lit, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
- Moderate noise level
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic personal computer skills including email, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
Location: Peoria, IL
Job date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 22:54:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!