Job title: Demand Planner
Job description: Global Industrial, a Systemax Company
For over 70 years Global Industrial has been an industry leader providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies to businesses throughout North America.
We carry over 1.7M industrial, material handling and business products that are sold through our website, corporate sales people and full color catalogs. We are constantly increasing our product offerings to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers. Our customers include small to large corporations, institutions and government agencies as well as consumers.
- Develops demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for assigned product lines, locations, and market channels as part of the demand planning function
- Analyzes all data pertinent to creating the demand forecast including historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and intelligence received from Sales, Marketing, or Finance
- Meets regularly with Product Managers to ensure awareness of any special programs, promotions, marketing, or any other activities that may result in a shift in sales demand within the Product Line
- Reviews and makes adjustments to statistical forecasting model selections based upon fluctuations to demand history
- Provide support in developing seasonal demand forecasts and anticipate customers reactions to the promotions and discounts
- Capture and share findings of potential risks and opportunities to forecasts with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and proper corrective actions
- Provide input to Inventory Management Team to assist in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new items, and items exiting Globalﾒs product categories
- Compares forecast accuracy reporting against actual demand to understand variances and implement corrective actions
- Reviews exceptions at all levels of aggregation to identify forecasts which have unusually high or low trending, potentially due to historical data impacted by an individual sales event
- Calibrations made to forecast when appropriate based upon research, knowledge or data provided
- Maintains demand planning system, including product data errors and implements corrective actions
- Assists in the build out of reporting analytics to further enhance service levels
Competencies and skills
- A Bachelor Degree in Business or the equivalent experience is required
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office is required
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills required
- Excellent organizational, decision making, and interpersonal skills required
- Basic negotiation, follow up, and facilitation skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics is preferred
- APICs Certified in Production & Inventory Management preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing and buying of products preferred
- Experience with Forecasting or Demand Planning software preferred
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Location: Port Washington, NY
Job date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 05:39:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!