Job title: Deputy Chief Operations Officer Database and Server Administration
Company: State of Indiana
Job description: Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About the Indiana Office of Technology (IOT):
IOT provides measurable, secure, consistent, reliable enterprise-technology services at cost-effective prices to our partner agencies so they can better serve our mutual customer, the Hoosier taxpayer.
The starting salary for this position is commensurate with education and/or experience.
About the Job:
The Deputy Chief Operations Officer – Database and Server Administration reports to the IOT Chief Operating Officer. The individual in this position works on the IOT Executive team to supervise managers, help set, disseminate, and enforce IOT’s operating policies and procedures. The individual will work with the Chief Operating Officer to ensure IOT’s roadmap and vision are being implemented. The individual will be responsible for the Database Services, Server Administrators, Mainframe, VMWare, and Storage teams.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Represents agency, facility, or departments in a variety of situations with other departments, facilities, the general public, and special interest groups;
- Reviews total department or agency organizational structure and functions and prepare changes to promote efficiency and effectiveness;
- Administers staff functions in support of program areas;
- Prepares special reports on alternative methods of achieving new program responsibilities as related to the agency’s goals and missions;
- Prepares administrative rules and procedures for executive administrator and/or board or commission;
- Follows up on plans, programs, and procedures to ensure progress and accomplishments;
- Ensure all SLAs are met as defined by the published IOT SLA document
- Help COO determine roadmap and vision for incumbent’s responsible areas
- Work with COO to effect continuous improvement in incumbent’s responsible areas
- With the COO and other Executives to support the development and implementation of critical systems
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
What We’re Looking For:
- Extensive supervisory experience with large teams
What You’ll Need for Success:
- Ability to streamline processes and workflows
- Willingness to afford change for continuous improvement of the departments supervised
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Extensive knowledge of managing large budgets
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Take responsibility, and ownership of issues. Follow up, and follow through to resolution
- Ability to understand large complex systems.
- Effectively allocate resources and funds to ensure each department stays within its determined budget.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role provides direct supervision for one or more staff members.
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers premiums discount for the medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
- Free Parking
- Free LinkedIn Learning
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 08:01:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!