Job title: Director, Data Analytics Platform
Job description: The Data & Analytics team is responsible for delivering accurate data on business performance & actionable insights to partners across the Auctane e-commerce products, our parent company (Stamps.com), and external partners. This is achieved through partnership with stakeholders from across the business to deliver both standardized & ad-hoc reporting, analysis & insights to drive business decisions and achieve desired business results.
The Director – Data Analytics Platforms is responsible for ensuring the organization is effectively using data to drive decisions, enhancing the data assets within the company as well as raising the analytical capabilities within their direct reports and across their partners. Beyond decision making, the team supports key functions of the organization from billing, accounting, finance, marketing, trust & safety, and product management; all of which leverage data and insights provided by the team to execute operational responsibilities.
Primary Objectives: * Manages and mentors a team of 5 to 8 data engineers, analytics engineers, and business intelligence analysts.
- Supporting the business’s operational needs for data across finance, accounting, marketing, sales, and planning processes through owned data systems as well as downstream systems (Salesforce, ZenDesk, HubSpot, etc.).
- Enabling the business through ownership of Reporting & Business Intelligence tools.
- Raising the data literacy of the organization through effective documentation, training, and coaching.
- Continue to scale and evolve the Auctane Analytics platform to meet evolving business needs and leverage the latest technologies to efficiently achieve breadth, depth, timeliness, and quality.
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives):
- Hiring and performance management of team members including coaching, guidance, discipline, reward, and annual reviews.
- Own the administration of the Reporting Platform – including user permissions, report scheduling, data definition, and management.
- Define, implement, and support key data feeds from internal systems as well as from external partners that are necessary for the measurement of business performance and key KPIs.
- Increase the usage of Auctane’s reporting platform by key users across the business through evangelism, creation of key reports, and training.
- Lead external vendors to augment internal capacity and capabilities for report creation and reporting tool administration.
- Deliver periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly) readouts on Business Performance, opportunities, and issues for use by the Auctane Executive Team as well as other key business partners.
- Develop financial models to forecast the impact of key internal actions and external factors on Auctane’s KPIs, most importantly Revenue and Customer Growth.
- Leverage historical data and predictive models to identify key historical factors that impact key KPIs, and recommend actions to drive future performance.
- Develop KPI Reporting for use by Auctane Executive Team and all key business functions (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Account Management, Business Development, and Product & Technology).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Quantitative Field (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.) or equivalent years’ experience.
- Ten or more (10+) years’ experience in data engineering, data architecture, or business intelligence.
- Five or more (5+) years’ experience writing SQL.
- Five or more (5+) years’ supervisory or management experience.
- Prior experience presenting insights from data to Senior Management and Business Partners.
- Prior experience creating financial models for the purposes of Return on Investment (ROI) and Business Forecasting.
- Data Science/Statistical analysis experience is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of BI/Reporting Systems: Looker, Sisense, Tableau, etc.
- Understanding of Data and ETL Architectures and tools: Stitch Data, Airflow, DBT, Astronomer, Amazon Glue, etc.
- Excellent communicator, both written (email, PPT) and in-person.
- Passion for customers and experience in eCommerce.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to collaboratively understand and deliver on business needs.
- Able to balance fun & positive working relationships with the need to have direct conversations around business performance.
- Strong use of Excel
- High proficiency in SQL and Database navigation
- Proficiency with Git and Jira
- Skilled in use of data manipulation technologies: Python, Pandas, etc.
- Understanding of Data and ETL Architectures
- Working knowledge of Amazon Redshift – Cloud-Based Data Warehouse
- Less than 10% – Domestic travel to parent company HQ, customer visits, or tradeshows may occur, but will be infrequent.
Additional Position Duties: (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 03:54:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!