Job title: Director, Information Systems
Company: J.F. Shea
Job description: POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Information Systems Director is directly responsible for the oversight, maintenance, and reliability of all BlueStar Resort & Golf (BSRG) facility information systems, including network, hardware, software, and applications used by the onsite teams to execute their day-to-day business functions. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance.
- Manages the support and oversight of the Club networks, data security, hardware, software, and business applications, in accordance with BSRG standards.
- Works with the leadership team; identifies areas of risk and liability as it pertains to systems and processes within the organization
- Supervises, hires, and trains Information Technology (IT) support team members; responsible for team members and outside organizations directly supporting the operational team at the facility level.
- Manages the implementation of standards and systems required to execute the vision of the organization.
- Maintains awareness of the facility information system’s health and works with facility managers and BlueStar leadership team to correct or upgrade any conditions that are not in keeping with organization’s high standards.
- Researches and evaluates new and innovative technologies as enhancements or upgrades to existing infrastructures, based on the desires of the organization.
- Oversees and manages the documentation of facility equipment, procedures, and processes.
- Oversees and manages the procurement, installation, and maintenance of required equipment and software solutions at all facilities.
- Manages the data communication and transfer of data to/from all communities.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- College degree in related Information Technology field preferred.
- Prior experience in the hotel, golf, or restaurant industry preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in Information Systems in a diverse and demanding technology environment.
- Computer literate with high proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to administer and manage multiple technology systems.
- Experience with set up and use of IBS Point of Sale software.
- Experience with Time Clock, Intranet, Digital Displayboard, Video Conferencing, Accounting, Property Management System, and other similar software is highly preferred.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Willingness to continue to learn and increase proficiency in understanding software network applications as they apply to BSRG.
- Able to perform onsite, phone, or remote troubleshooting and support.
- Ability to keep calm in a fast-paced environment and when dealing with critical issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and prioritize workload efficiently.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have a positive demeanor and represent the BSRG Information Systems Team with confidence.
- Must have strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent customer services skills and an ability to respond to the needs and requests of coworkers, clients, and vendors.
- Must have excellent time management, organizational, and follow-up skills; ability to manage competing priorities and assignments.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Must be innovative; contributes ideas, helps resolve problems, looks for, and develops, cost saving measures, and develops new procedures and methods.
- Must demonstrate initiative—ability to think, work, and make independent decisions, based on sound judgment.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- This position requires regular travel, and a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends, including a weekend rotation for on-call support.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
This position operates in a professional indoor office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copy and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see and hear, speak clearly and understand the speech of another person, sit or stand for extended periods of time, walk or be able to move around the office space, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, bend, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Travel is a critical component of this position, and may require 25-50%. At times travel may heavier than normal, and may require being out of town for a period in excess of one week.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Job date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 07:17:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!