Job title: Director, Kossen Center for Teaching and Learning
Company: Mississippi University for Women
Job description: Position Title Director, Kossen Center for Teaching and Learning
Unit Name Kossen Center for Teaching and Learning
Salary Grade 10
Number of Months 12 months
Full-time or Part-time Full-Time
Hours per week 40 hours
Proposed Annual Salary, Hourly Rate or One-time payment
– Plan, develop, and implement faculty activities and initiatives that
incorporate best practices and the latest research in teaching and learning.
– Work with appropriate offices on campus to identify opportunities to enrich
the academic lives of faculty and staff, as appropriate.
– Conduct unit-level and individual consultations for working with the campus
learning management system (i.e. Canvas).
– Conduct unit-level and individual consultations for improving teaching and
– Serve as a resource for faculty scholarship on teaching and learning.
– Plan and develop initiatives (e.g. new faculty orientation, fall development
series, book clubs, leadership academy, promotion and tenure workshop)
that contribute to the enrichment of faculty and staff as well as design group
workshops, seminars, and programs for improving teaching and learning.
– Work with faculty and student affairs staff to foster a partnership between
in-class and out-of-class learning experiences.
– Consult with faculty, chairs, deans, and other users to create effective
appropriate solutions using instructional technologies and then implement,
maintain, and continuously improve these solutions.
– Provide high-quality and timely customer support to end-users of classroom and other instructional technologies, both software and hardware.
– Maintain a high level of attentiveness, care, and service throughout normal operating hours as well as non-traditional hours, when necessary.
– Consult with faculty, chairs, deans, and other users to assess need, and then identify a solution, draft technical specifications, coordinate with vendors, create budgets / timelines for implementation, and manage projects to conclusion.
– Manage the budget of the KCTL and accompanying budgets.
– Work with faculty, MUW bookstore, and textbook publishers to successfully
integrate digital and inclusive access content in courses.
– Supervise, support, and direct sponsored programs and projects, both
internal and external. Where necessary, serve as point-of-contact to external
agencies sponsoring projects at the institution.
– Provide an annual report and assessment of the programs and activities of
– Promote participation in the initiatives of the KCTL.
– Hire, supervise, and develop KCTL staff, as appropriate.
– Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the Provost/VPAA.
Master’s degree required with preferred area of study in instructional
systems (or related field); Doctoral degree preferred; expert professional
knowledge equivalent to an advanced degree plus additional training
Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills; 5 (or more)
years of related experience; experience with online course delivery; strong
belief in working with a collaborative spirit to achieve successful outcomes
for faculty, staff, students, and the region; commitment to working
inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community; ability to
travel and/or work off-hours.
Experience in higher education administration at program coordinator level
(or above), especially in a comparable Center; experience conducting
workshops and other training opportunities; experience providing
consultations to individuals or groups; experience maintaining,
implementing, and supporting instructional and classroom technology;
experience assisting faculty and other end-users to create content in a major
learning management system (preferably Canvas); experience with writing,
funding, managing, and/or administering sponsored projects and grants.
Job Description Summary
The Director will be responsible for directing and leading the operations of
the Kossen Center for Teaching and Learning (KCTL). In this role, the Director
promotes teaching excellence and provides opportunities for faculty to
develop and implement innovative teaching strategies that will enhance
student learning, both in and out of the classroom. The Director supports,
implements, and maintains instructional and classroom technologies on
campus as well as leads in the adoption of new technologies. The Director
supports and leads other initiatives that enrich the quality of life for faculty
including the support of research, scholarship, and sponsored projects.
Hours of Availability
8-5 Monday-Friday on-campus; Other hours outside non-traditional hours, as necessary.
Requisition Number FY20298NF
Open Date 11/05/2021
Will this job have a specific close date? No
Special Instructions to Applicants
The W is committed to further increasing and supporting the diversity our campus community. We seek candidates who are committed to actively and intentionally enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion across the University. In the area designated for “Other Document ” within the application, please submit a one-page statement of how you, in the role of Director of the Kossen Center for Teaching and Learning, might enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion at our institution.
Please submit applications as soon as possible for best consideration.
Position will begin duties no sooner than January 3, 2022.
Job date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 05:34:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!