Job title: Director, Merchandising – Private Label
Company: Go Puff
Job description: Overview
goPuff is seeking a Director of Merchandising for it’s Private Label Business. The role will act as the cross-functional owner and leader for the creation of private label products. The scope of ownership is broad, starting with helping to shape the upfront category and assortment strategy, owning pricing strategy all the way through sourcing and product launch. The Private Label Merchant will be the leader of a broad cross functional effort spanning teams such as merchandising, supply chain, product quality and safety, legal, marketing, and creative. They will report directly to the GM – New Verticals (Private Label) and will play a key role in the strategic development of the private label business.
- Develop an assortment strategy informed by internal and third party data, insights and competitive benchmarking
- Own the private label P&L and deliver against aligned upon KPI’s for top and bottom line assortment performance
- Ability to find, vet and engage co-manufacturer partners for private label development
- Own negotiations with co-manufacturer partners spanning from cost of goods, to MOQ’s to shipment and ordering requirements
- Act as project manager in leading the cross functional team and moving the development through the key stage/gate process for product development to launch on time
- Partner with key internal teams to prepare the organization for launch
- 10+ years of experience In similar role
- BA required
- Private Label Sourcing and/or CPG brand development is required
- Have a broad view and knowledge of the private label industry and understanding of the competitive landscape and role of private label
- Ability to lead a cross functional team of peers through the start to finish sourcing process
- A detail-oriented, self-starter attitude with the ability to think critically and exercise independent judgment
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships across the organization’s various departments.
- 10yrs + of experience in retail, private label, CPG product development & sourcing
- Ability to travel up to 20-25%
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable.That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to goPuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers…the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what you’re hearing? Welcome to goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 04:53:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!