Job title: Director of Athletics
Company: Corning-Painted Post Area School District
Job description: The Corning-Painted Post Area School District, a system of approximately 4,700 pupils, is located in the southern tier of New York State. The area that it serves is comprised of almost 35,000 people. The leading industries in the area are Corning Incorporated, Siemens Energy, and tourism. The District has earned the reputation of providing an excellent educational opportunity for its students. Six elementary schools, one middle school and one senior high school make up the district. Historically, the community has always given the school system excellent support.
District-wide responsibility for the character and quality of Athletic programs and the direct supervision of coaches and involved staff will be assumed by this individual. The incumbent will be directly responsible to the Assistant Superintendent for School Operations. In addition, the person will assist in the selection of coaches and involved staff. Other duties will include the preparation of reports, assisting in the development of pertinent regulations and policy, working with community agencies and other such tasks as assigned. At the end of a successful four-year period, the individual is eligible for tenure.
- It is anticipated that the successful candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- New York State Administrative Certification (SDA or SDL)
- Prior successful administrative experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups including teachers, coaches, students, parents and outside organizations
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks in a flexible manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholder groups
- Physical Education certification preferred but not required.
Starting Date On or about July 1, 2021
Competitive Based Upon Experience
All materials must be received by April 1, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The Corning-Painted Post Area School District provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to age, race, color, creed/religion, disability, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, familial status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest and/or criminal conviction record (except as permitted by law), or any other category protected by law, unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
Location: Painted Post, NY
Job date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 08:59:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!