Job title: Director of Continuing Education and Workforce Development (Education Strategy and Planning Manager 2)
Company: Pennsylvania State University
Job description: APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please to complete the . Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please to complete the . Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click “Apply” and complete .
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Penn State Beaver, of The Pennsylvania State University, invites applications for the position Director of Continuing Education and Workforce Development (Education Strategy and Planning Manager 2). This is a leadership position within the campus that oversees all aspects of the unit and develops and implements revenue-generating educational programs (non-credit and extension) for diverse constituencies within the surrounding community. The Director leads, creates, develops, implements and evaluates activities that allow students to develop new skills, get workforce training, and explore personal interests. Programming may include, but not limited to, corporate training workshops, professional development programs, certificates, academic and sport camps, and youth-oriented programs. Duties include targeting markets, strategic planning, goal setting, administering budgets, and supervising staff. The Director participates in various campus committees and teams, as well as community groups; identifies and analyzes complex problems; selects an appropriate course of action after careful consideration of implications; and makes consultative, collaborative, and/or independent decisions as the situation warrants, and assess their impact. The Director of Continuing Education and Workforce Development reports to the Chancellor.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Establishes and cultivates strategic partnerships and collaborative relationships.
- In collaboration with staff, directs the development of an annual strategic business plan to set goals and priorities for program and guide the unit’s work throughout the year.
- Develops, monitors and reviews departmental budgets, contracts, grants, and income and resource revenue for the program.
- Working with program and marketing staff, develops and monitors a marketing plan to ensure goals are met and produce desired revenue.
- Pursues grants and training contracts that support the activities of the program.
- Engages in regional workforce development that supports area residents in increasing their employment opportunities and supports the educational and workforce needs of business, community, government, and industry.
- Conducts research to determine existing internal and external workforce development opportunities and develops strategies that address gaps in services.
- Selects appropriate courses of action.
- Develops and implements assessment tools that enable the department to gauge the impact of all of its educational activities.
- Provides expertise and information for the website and other marketing outlets outlining and promoting the education activities.
- Work with colleagues within the campus and externally to plan and implement programming, special events, and activities.
- Represents the organization by serving on boards and at various other community and/or business meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typically requires a Master’s degree or higher plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in continuing and/or community education in a post-secondary education setting preferred. Preferred Qualification include: experience developing externally funded grants and entrepreneurial programs; deep knowledge of workforce development in the Pittsburgh region; familiarity with Penn State structures; demonstrated ability to evaluate, design and coordinate various education classes; demonstrated experience in public speaking, oral and written communication; demonstrated ability to manage projects, complete tasks with various deadlines, and work with various partners throughout the University; demonstrated ability to work effectively with highly diverse group of students, faculty, staff and the external community; demonstrated commitment to serving the citizens, businesses, and industries within the service region. Ability and desire to work evenings/weekends, as needed. Review of candidates will begin April 29, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. The expected start date is July 1, 2022.
Operation of a motor vehicle as part of the position’s duties and a valid driver’s license is required. Successful completion of a motor vehicle records check, in addition to standard background checks, is also required, as well as the following: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review .
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
Location: Beaver, PA
Job date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 07:18:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!