Job title: Director of Elections/General Registrar
Company: City Of Richmond
Job description: Director of Elections/General Registrar
Duties include but are not limited to
Key characteristics of the ideal candidate includes the following but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of laws, principles, and practices of election administration and voter registration specifically in Virginia;
- Knowledge of and experience in management and the utilization of supervision principles, concepts, and techniques; local government budgeting processes; policy formation; implementation and evaluation; security best practices, including both physical and cybersecurity. Knowledge of local government policies, procedures and processes is a plus;
- Strong leadership skills, including negotiation, communication both within and outside of the department;
- Proficiency utilizing available technologies to improve and enhance current processes, and to use initiative and innovation to explore emerging technologies. Knowledge of office management to include efficiency on 10-key calculators; and typing skills as well as management of office management staff is a plus;
- Ability to establish effective policies and procedures; make formal presentations and present information clearly and concisely verbally and in writing; and interpret laws, regulations, policies and procedures; and make appropriate decisions accordingly;
- Ability to interact with the general public, governmental officials, with tact and courtesy, and to work under pressure and adapt to rapidly changing circumstances;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with county, state, federal, media, non-profit, community, private and other related entities;
- Planning, developing, coordinating, and directing the activities of the Office of Elections, including voter registration, candidate processing and filing; pre-election and Election Day voting; ballot design; equipment programming and testing; poll work recruitment and training; and voter outreach efforts to include acquisition of various voting sites and coordination of voting day activities at each polling site and/or precincts;
- Coordinating and consulting with the City Attorney and the Commonwealth’s Attorney as needed on legal issues;
- Serving the community and professional organizations as a subject matter expert on elections and election administration; and representing the City at regional, state, and local workshops and conferences.
Thank you for your interest in applying for opportunities with The City of Richmond.
Location: Richmond, VA
Job date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 08:30:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!