Job title: Electrical Controls Engineer
Company: BW Integrated Systems
Job description: Purpose: Provide controls engineering to support and lead new product development and custom application projects as well as develop electronic control solutions using current technology that meet market and/or customer requirements. The position will assist and lead troubleshooting efforts performing service-related tasks to support products in the field.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create electrical designs and new programs for new machines and machine upgrades following industry standards.
- Troubleshoot electrical and software designs in-house and for other BW Integrated Systems and customer sites.
- Work with vendors to assure quality and best value for specified electronic components.
- Determine and execute a plan to achieve desired approval agency certifications.
- Create and maintain bills of material for machine control designs.
- Ensure all documentation is updated to reflect controls changes.
- Manage machine controls section of a machine contract from order entry to machine commissioning, including warranty resolution.
- Assist both internal and external customers with problem solving.
- Provide controls engineering and quoting assistance to applications engineering sales team.
- Continued education in latest technical and engineering developments, technology, techniques and components.
- Manage time to estimate and meet project timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5 years related experience
- Electrical schematic and hardware design using AutoCad
- Programming skills using PLC’S and HMI’s
- Servo and motion control programming
- VFD programming and setup
- Demonstrate effective verbal communication skills and effective written skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Travel approximately 35% at times including some international travel
- Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Professional Engineering Registration
- Allen Bradley control systems experience
- Knowledgeable of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Mechanical aptitude of complex automated machinery
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 08:28:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!