Job title: Electrical Supervisor
Company: St. Johns Ship Building
Job description: Department: Electrical
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Resource Manager/Yard Supervisor
Grade/Level: Associates Degree
Amount of Travel Required: No travel required
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday
Positions Supervised: Electricians
7:30am – 4:00pm Evenings and Weekends as needed
JOB LOCATION: 560 Stokes Landing Rd, Palatka, FL 32177
Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install intercom and phone systems, or electrical control systems.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Place conduit, pipes or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
- Direct and coordinate electrical production of St. Johns Ship Building’s projects.
- Review electrical production schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or executive staff to resolve production or employee problems.
- Develop and implement electrical production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Prepare and maintain electrical production reports.
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, and statistical studies.
- Review plans and confer with architect and executive staff to develop new processes if needed.
- Attend all administrative and employee meetings pertaining to production and safety.
- Ensure all areas of production and safety are followed by each electrical employee.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
Education: Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: Five years related experience
Stand C (Constantly) Walk C (Constantly) Sit O (Occasionally) Handling / Fingering C (Constantly)
Reach Outward C (Constantly) Reach Above Shoulder C (Constantly) Climb F (Frequently) Crawl F (Frequently)
Squat or Kneel F (Frequently) Bend F (Frequently) Lift/Carry 10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
11-20 lbs F (Frequently) 21-50 lbs F (Frequently) 51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable) Push/Pull 12 lbs or less F (Frequently) 13-25 lbs F (Frequently)
26-40 lbs F (Frequently) 41-100 lbs F (Frequently)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements:
Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral, Depth Perception) Sense of Sound (hear alarms and radios),
Sense of Touch, Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (safety glasses, hard hats,steel toed shoes, gloves)
Outdoor Environment, Excessive Heat, Excessive Cold
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Click apply now to submit an application on our site!
Location: Panama City, FL
Job date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 08:44:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!