Job title: Executive Assistant for the CEO
Company: Sellers Dorsey
Job description: Description/Job Summary
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior leadership teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion especially decisions directly impacting the operations of the firm.
- Excellent communication and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, reports, special projects, and other documents in support of objectives for the organization.
- Draft and prepare correspondence for internal announcements, board meetings, and organizations that the CEO is involved with
- Assist in preparing and managing presentations and decks.
- Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, with contact outside normal business hours
- Use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle C-Level matters.
- Represent the firm and the CEO in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment.
- Conserve the CEO’s time by reading, researching, collecting, and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
- Sustain a daily calendar of meetings and events. May attend meetings on behalf of CEO, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Respond to requests by gathering and providing information and referring non-routine calls to the appropriate staff.
- Organize complex calendars and schedules, resolving any scheduling issues
- Complete ad-hoc projects as assigned – such as personal events and/or family needs.
- Occasional travel required (average 15%)
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or a combination of education and relevant experience
- 7+ years of related experience required in working in an executive assistant role supporting C-Level executives
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Flexible hours as dictated by the needs of business for projects and meetings.
- Business sense – has a strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed.
- Commitment to excellence – perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis.
- Excellent communicator – able to interact with people of all levels in a confident, professional manner.
- Demonstrate ability and temperament to work with sensitive information.
- Team player – have team-oriented experience and approach.
- Service focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations of the CEO by maintaining effective relationships with interested parties.
- Ability to think outside of the box with a sense of urgency.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Prolonged periods of standing/sitting at a desk and working on a computer & keyboard
- Lift files and documents, bend, access file cabinets as needed
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. For more information, view the and .
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Requests for reasonable accommodation on the basis of disability and/or sincerely held religious beliefs will be provided subject to undue hardship.
Sellers Dorsey maintains a Drug-Free workplace.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 04:49:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!