Job title: Executive Secretary II
Job description: Location: LOC_ROBERTS-Roberts Ctr Pediatric Research
Req ID: 95119
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
This role provides advanced secretarial and administrative support to Chair and Vice President (VP) leaders.
The incumbent will coordinate significant internal and external communications, projects and meetings for the Executive and other professionals in the department.
Must be able to perform various administrative duties, interface positively with the public, meet deadlines and hold oneself accountable to anticipate the needs of the department, physicians and candidates.
Must be highly organized and able to distinguish among priority items, and plan all scheduled items in detail. Must manage difficult situations with skill, patience, and diplomacy.
General Administrative Functions
Maintain schedules/calendars for the Chair or VP. Includes coordination of travel for the Chair or VP, multiple daily changes and extensive interface with Organizational Leaders and their assistants. Also includes keeping Chair or VP from running behind on daily appointments and responsibilities. Plan meetings including securing rooms, and occasionally ordering food, etc. Create and provide materials as necessary for agenda. Provide support in preparing presentations and documents required by Executive and staff.
Coordinate Expenses Report
Complete expense reports for Chair or VP’s travel and miscellaneous expenses. Includes maintaining detailed records, interfacing with internal accounting staff, as well as external vendors and performing calculations of monies due to or from the department.
Responsibilities for Phone, Mail etc.
Perform general administrative support duties for the Chair or VP. Includes phones, mail, email and other correspondences, communication with department faculty, Directors, and hospital management, project work and general problem solving.
Other Duties As Required
Assist Chair or VP in overall department management
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Five (5) years of senior administrative or assistant experience.
- Experience in working with medical terminology.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree
Additional Technical Requirements
- Advanced proficiency in word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheet, database and presentation applications (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent phone etiquette and interpersonal/communication skills
- Excellent analytic skills
- Ability to adapt to progressive increase in responsibility
- Ability to handle confidential materials
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize
- Ability to anticipate needs the Chair or VP and other professionals in the department
- Ability to negotiate or mediate difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently and make job-related decisions within authorized limits as well as being part of a support team environment
- Ability to function as part of a team to meet the general needs of the organization
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 06:42:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!