Job title: Experienced Cloud Architect
Job description: Experienced Cloud Architect
Company: The Boeing Company
Job ID: 00000282236
Date Posted: 2021-10-22-07:00
Location: USA – Hazelwood, MO, USA – Irving, TX, USA – Kent, WA, USA – North Charleston, SC, USA – Seal Beach, CA, USA – Seattle, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Information Technology & Data Analytics organization is seeking an Experienced Cloud Architect to help us take our DevSecOps game to the next level. We are currently looking for talented individuals to help us design and stand up our new software development tool chain in AWS Gov Cloud.
In this role, you will be a part of the Boeing Enterprise transformation of DevSecOps across the company. The successful candidate will assist us in the design and implementation of our cloud solution and maintain a modern system deployment to the cloud environment with a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) workflows for system build, test and deploy. We operate as a fast-paced agile team and are interested in candidates who have proven skills in DevSecOps, Cloud environments, software development and system automation. Come join us and be a part of our exciting future!
Position location can be in; Kent, WA, Hazelwood, MO; North Charleston, SC, Seal Beach, CA; Irving, TX and Seattle, WA.
- Performs initial assessments of feasibility of architecture solutions, product suitability and integration into delivery system environment
- Develop best practices and standards around cloud and enterprise technology
- Defines requirements; designs and verifies architecture, data and information management systems and components
- Incorporates architecture functions into software development lifecycle. Develops and maintains architecture views and models
- Engages with Enterprise Architecture and other organizations in the development of standard tools; assists with assessment of impact of architectural decisions to product lifecycle
- Facilitate technical discussions with stakeholders through all phases software development lifecycle
- Develops and enhance our DevSecOps operations in multiple cloud service environments
Effective December 8th, 2021, Boeing will require new hires and employees located in the United States to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- 2 plus year’ experience with AWS Cloud
- 2 plus years’ experience architecting solutions with Containers
- 1 year experience with Terraform or Ansible (or similar technology)
- 2 plus years’ experience deploying web applications (COTS or custom-built) into various environments such as development, Test/QA, Production
- 3 plus years’ experience in developer role
- Experience guiding the development of system design and requirements of solution that have been fully tested before released into production
- Experience in all phases of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- 2 plus years of experience working with Agile teams
- Hands on experience with Linux
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Hands on experience in AWS services e.g. VPC, IAM, EC2, Auto-scaling, ELB, ECR, S3, DynamoDB, Postgres (RDS), Lambda, SQS, SNS, RDS, VPC, Route 53, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, AWS Config, Cloudtrail, Kubernetes, AWS Developer Tools etc.
- 3 plus years’ experience in developer role
- Understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD) techniques and software design patterns
- Define and enforce AWS Well-Architected pillars: operational excellence, compliance, security, reliability, performance efficiency, scalability and cost optimization
- Experience leading AWS solutions design and deployment of enterprise-scale applications
- Experience developing guidelines and best practices for cloud-oriented development & implementations including containers and container orchestration
- Provide expertise and best practices for implementing cloud security and product security
- Experience leading strategic and tactical implementations that align to Enterprise vision and objectives
- Knowledge of SAFe best practices, resource planning, and requirement decomposition to meet objectives
- COTS configuration, integration, and implementation into a large scale ecosystem
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 3 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master +1 years’ related work experience, 7 years’ related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation: No relocation available
Export Control Requirement: This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive: This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program This position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level: Individual Contributor – 3
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: BAULI3 (B75)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud –
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation –
Applicant Privacy –
EEO is the law Poster –
Boeing Policy on EEO –
Affirmative Action and Harassment –
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English –
- Spanish –
Right to Work Statement
- English –
- Spanish –
Location: North Charleston, SC
Job date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 23:33:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!