Job title: Faculty Educator Track, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
Company: University of Cincinnati
Job description: Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors >
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, . Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.
The University of Cincinnati Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise & Nutrition Sciences is searching for a full-time faculty member who will contribute to the department’s teaching, service, and research missions. This is a 12-Month per year position with rank commensurate with education and experience.
The primary responsibilities of this position are teaching and service to the Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise & Nutrition Sciences (RENS) and College of Allied Health Sciences. Teaching and service responsibilities include, but are not limited to, course development, primary instruction of didactic courses; participation in student recruitment, retention, and admissions activities; participation in program committee work including program evaluation, accreditation tasks, and other activities as assigned by Department Chair. While student instruction is central to this position, service and scholarship activities are also required consistent with faculty evaluative criteria and the missions of the University, College, and Department.
- An earned non-clinical terminal degree (i.e., PhD, EdD, DSc, HSD, etc.)
- A minimum of one year of full-time college level teaching experience or equivalent part-time teaching experience
- An equivalent of more than 4 years of relevant full-time work-related experience
- Experience in teaching Gross Anatomy and foundational or clinical courses pertaining to the musculoskeletal system (i.e., Movement Science, Examination)
- Current knowledge and skill in the use of computer technology and educational learning management systems
- Evidence of strong organizational skills; strong interpersonal skills including communication, problem solving, counseling, conflict management, and follow-through
- Ability to work independently
- Interest and ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to assist with a variety of tasks as assigned by Department Chair or Program Director
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Documented training and experience as an anatomy instructor, including cadaver dissection
- Documented ability to teach graduate level movement science courses in the context of clinical applicability
- Ohio Physical Therapy license (or Ohio eligible)
- Five years of college level teaching experience highly desirable
- Multiple professional clinical credentials (i.e., PT, ATC) highly desirable
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels
- Demonstrated student mentorship experience
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:LJN (OMJ) SF:RM SF: HEJ SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Job date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 07:22:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!